• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Horror...MARVEL ''Films'' of the Past!

29 posts in this topic

Just a little warning, there are a few ''salty'' words, but since I don't think there are any little kids on these boards I don't think it's a problem.

Now enjoy the Horror show. :popcorn:

Love the Gumby-esque Mr. Fantastic arm waving through the limo top at the end! lol

I went to a friend's one night to watch a movie, he let me pick the film out of his collection and he has of all things the Doctor Strange movie from the 70's. I pick that as I had never seen it and he pleaded with me to NOT pick that film, but I was determined.

What a horribly slow and boring film!

I went to a friend's one night to watch a movie, he let me pick the film out of his collection and he has of all things the Doctor Strange movie from the 70's. I pick that as I had never seen it and he pleaded with me to NOT pick that film, but I was determined.

What a horribly slow and boring film!

John Mills - not his finest hour.

I remember renting the Captain America movie as a kid, it was around the same time of the Flash movies (revenge of the Trickster), although the Flash movies were alot better then the Cap America film.

Never seen the Punisher but always wanted to, never even heard of a Dr Strange film!

I was having surgery several years ago and talking with my anesthesiologist...he knew I was into comics, etc. He mentioned that he was a big fan of the Hasslehoff "Nick Fury" nightmare....needless to say I did NOT go to sleep feeling like I was in competent hands...

Also, both the Dolph and Thomas Jane Punisher movies hurt my feelings.

I thought Jane did well playing the role of Punisher but he was dropped into a stupid storyline with a hammy Travolta. I only watch the movie now for the fight scene with the Russian.

I didn't like War Zone one bit either....

I thought Jane did well playing the role of Punisher but he was dropped into a stupid storyline with a hammy Travolta. I only watch the movie now for the fight scene with the Russian.

I didn't like War Zone one bit either....

I saw the red-band trailer for Warzone before it hit the theaters and was really excited. I thought heck yeah, FINALLY, a good Punisher flick. I was extremely disappointed after seeing that drek in the theater. :cry:

I remember renting the Captain America movie as a kid, it was around the same time of the Flash movies (revenge of the Trickster), although the Flash movies were alot better then the Cap America film.

Never seen the Punisher but always wanted to, never even heard of a Dr Strange film!

I think you can watch the whole thing on YouTube...here's the first ten minutes:

(Looks like embedding is disabled for this vid)

I thought the Thomas Jane Punisher was decent.

The problem with it was two-fold: 1) he's not a very interesting character. The same basic plot had been done before in every 70s-80s film starring Charles Bronson, Steven Seagal, etc. Hell--even "A Man Apart" with Vin Diesel.

2) The film came out within a month of the Denzel Washington remake of "Man on Fire"--which could just as easily been a Punisher film (same basic premise), but done 10x better.

The Iron Man films suffer from the same sort of inherent flaw--by dent of the character, you'd be hard-pressed to end any "Iron Man" film in any way that isn't simply two guys in robot suits beating up on each other--and that's trite and boring.

I still love watching this movie no matter what anyone says.

I would rather watch this movie over Ghost Rider, FF 1 & 2, Wolverine Origins, and of course Elektra.

DolphPOSTER02.jpg

I thought the Thomas Jane Punisher was decent.

The problem with it was two-fold: 1) he's not a very interesting character. The same basic plot had been done before in every 70s-80s film starring Charles Bronson, Steven Seagal, etc. Hell--even "A Man Apart" with Vin Diesel.

2) The film came out within a month of the Denzel Washington remake of "Man on Fire"--which could just as easily been a Punisher film (same basic premise), but done 10x better.

The Iron Man films suffer from the same sort of inherent flaw--by dent of the character, you'd be hard-pressed to end any "Iron Man" film in any way that isn't simply two guys in robot suits beating up on each other--and that's trite and boring.

True, but you can say the same about every story about good vs bad in life.

It has all been done before in some shape or form.