• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When is it ok to resell

50 posts in this topic

Well that sucks, but I would guess if you don't wait the 30 days you may wind up on the probation list if they actually do come back.

He shouldn't have to wait 30 days after a week and a half of no communication and no payment. Plus, he shouldn't have to chase the non-committal buyer all over the Internets.

+1

I think that it's an unwritten rule here that you need to give the buyer 30 days.

I thought the rule was that you need to give the buyer 30 days to make payment before putting them on the probation list. That's much different than giving them 30 days to pay, and it's certainly different than giving them 30 days to communicate their intention.

I personally don't think 10 days is long enough to re-sell the book. Life happens, if I disappeared for a week or two because of whatever issues. I'd expect the book to be available when I came back, and would be irritated if it wasn't.

If we're talking about an established member, I think you should wait 30 days.

There is a difference between waiting 30 days for payment, and waiting 30 days for a response to a PM. If life is so insane that you don't have 30 seconds to answer a message, you probably have much bigger fish to fry.

Being irritated because the world doesn't stop to cater to your schedule is ridiculous.

I sold something via PM a week and a half ago and the buyer dropped off the boards. He hasn't read the PMs since then. While I am sure he is a good guy and has a life I really could use the funds by next week , however if I wait till next week to resell it will be too late. Its an easy sale on Ebay, but I would need to list it by this weekend for any hope and getting funds. Should I just suck it up and not have any funds for the Comic Con here in Phx or assume his interest wasn't all the strong to begin with and try to sell elsewhere.

I give it two weeks, that`s generous. Unless he has a legitimate excuse then sell them. It`s not fair to be held hostage like that for a month or more. 2c

What happened is he stated he would take it. I Pm'd my paypal address an hour or so later and there has been no response since and the pm hasn't been read.

Anything could have happened. If he hasn't posted elsewhere or read the PM's then I think you need to give him the benefit of any doubt. I'm surprised at the other responses here - what exactly is the rush? You, as a seller, have an equal, if not greater responsibility to the deal.

I sold something via PM a week and a half ago and the buyer dropped off the boards. He hasn't read the PMs since then. While I am sure he is a good guy and has a life I really could use the funds by next week , however if I wait till next week to resell it will be too late. Its an easy sale on Ebay, but I would need to list it by this weekend for any hope and getting funds. Should I just suck it up and not have any funds for the Comic Con here in Phx or assume his interest wasn't all the strong to begin with and try to sell elsewhere.

I give it two weeks, that`s generous. Unless he has a legitimate excuse then sell them. It`s not fair to be held hostage like that for a month or more. 2c

:eyeroll:

The "rush" is, he needs the money.

"for the Comic Con here in Phx"

This doesn't really qualify as a "need".

Fine. The "rush" is, he wants the money.

I think that it's an unwritten rule here that you need to give the buyer 30 days.

I thought the rule was that you need to give the buyer 30 days to make payment before putting them on the probation list. That's much different than giving them 30 days to pay, and it's certainly different than giving them 30 days to communicate their intention.

I personally don't think 10 days is long enough to re-sell the book. Life happens, if I disappeared for a week or two because of whatever issues. I'd expect the book to be available when I came back, and would be irritated if it wasn't.

If we're talking about an established member, I think you should wait 30 days.

There is a difference between waiting 30 days for payment, and waiting 30 days for a response to a PM. If life is so insane that you don't have 30 seconds to answer a message, you probably have much bigger fish to fry.

Being irritated because the world doesn't stop to cater to your schedule is ridiculous.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree here. Sometimes things happen, 10 days is not a long time. Yeah it sucks to not have been communicated with, but thats not a reason to re-sell an item so soon. The right thing to do imo would be to send a warning PM, giving a deadline of a week and then he can re-list the item after the deadline expires. But not after 10 days

Where is the buyer located? A good many people have been evacuated along the Mississippi River basin.

Is he a regular or just an occasional poster?

I was going to wait until this weekend. He hasn't posted since Nov last year. He is more of a lurker I guess. Seems like a nice guy so we will see.

Where is the buyer located? A good many people have been evacuated along the Mississippi River basin.

I was going to wait until this weekend. He hasn't posted since Nov last year. He is more of a lurker I guess. Seems like a nice guy so we will see.

He's not on the probation list, is he? hm

He's not on the probation list, is he? hm

No I checked first lol

Sell it.

When someone posts the :takeit:, they should be ready to pay immediately upon your acceptance.

Last book I bought on the boards was paid for within an hour (and that's being loose with the time). As soon as I got the PM from the seller with his PP info, I paid.

Situations like this are always a tight rope because there is really no good resolution. You've gotten a good lesson learned here. Establish a time limit in your sales listing for when payment needs to be made unless other arrangments are made. This way you don't have to worry. For this situation make a determination of a documentable course of action that you are going to take as a seller for all transactions. Send a PM following up and that you would like payment remitted by a specific date. If payment has not made and/or no contact has been made by that date you will need to negate the transaction with no hard feelings and that you hope everything is alright. Since there were no established parameters on this transaction to hold the seller to, do what you have to so YOU come out in the best light possible. Remember a person would understand if you were selling books to keep your house from being forclosed on and that was why you had to relist the book because they were away for a period of time. They won't be as understanding about the book being relisted for some additional pocket money. Remember, we don't know what's going on in the buyers life. All that we know is there's been no communication, not why there hasn't been communication.

When I post an I'll take it I always notify the seller when I intend to send payment. I think it is unfair to hold a comic when someone disappears for 10 days unless they communicate to you that they will pay in x days when they get back etc. It's common courtesy.

Sell the comic and PM the buyer what you needed to do. There will always be another comic he can buy. If you need the money now (regardless of the reason) then do what you need to do.

Who was the buyer?