• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circa 1976

121 posts in this topic

The year is 1976.

Our nation is celebrating it's Bicentennial.

A poster depicting Farrah Fawcett at a cold photo shoot is on the bedroom wall of every male between the ages of 8 and 18.

Two young entrepreneurs invent the Apple computer in their garage.

The space shuttle Enterprise rolls off the production line.

Disco is king with ABBA all over the charts.

Meanwhile, in a small Missouri town, an 8 year old Dice is letting his sickness bloom. :devil:

112135.jpg.a7d5f189e5368c1bf75fe21ecf862e85.jpg

You had a belly even then.

That's not all I had even then. ^^

Sexualizing an eight year old, even if it is yourself, is gross.

:blahblah:

That pic is awesome. The essence of Dice, even as an 8 year old.

I can see Dice doing that at 8 months.

1976 is probably my favorite year as well.

I remember it being the longest, hottest never-ending Summer...

We had car-free Sundays where due to fuel restrictions all traffic was banned on some Sundays and kids played soccer on the highway :cloud9:

Due to the uncommon heat there was a water shortage and people had to shower together :D

I got my first skateboard in 1976...in fact everyone got their first one that year as that was the year they were launched.

I discovered Kiss and turned my back on top-30 mainstream hits and singles for ever and made me a rock and metal fan for life.

But I still hadn't seen or knew about US comic books at all....that was a year later.

Friends were everywhere and life was an adventure, it was safe on the streets and everybody I loved was still alive.

I'd like to go back, just for one day to a Sunday in July or August of 1976...

That pic is awesome. The essence of Dice, even as an 8 year old.

(thumbs u

1976 is probably my favorite year as well.

I remember it being the longest, hottest never-ending Summer...

We had car-free Sundays where due to fuel restrictions all traffic was banned on some Sundays and kids played soccer on the highway :cloud9:

Due to the uncommon heat there was a water shortage and people had to shower together :D

I got my first skateboard in 1976...in fact everyone got their first one that year as that was the year they were launched.

I discovered Kiss and turned my back on top-30 mainstream hits and singles for ever and made me a rock and metal fan for life.

But I still hadn't seen or knew about US comic books at all....that was a year later.

Friends were everywhere and life was an adventure, it was safe on the streets and everybody I loved was still alive.

I'd like to go back, just for one day to a Sunday in July or August of 1976...

That's about the time I got my skateboard. It worked great if you could find a stretch of smooth pavement. Any small rock or pebble would feel like you were hitting the breaks.

All us kids would take brooms into the street to keep it clean enough to skate on.

Good times.

That's about the time I got my skateboard. It worked great if you could find a stretch of smooth pavement. Any small rock or pebble would feel like you were hitting the breaks.

I have a scar on my chin from a face plant caused by a small piece of wadded paper.

I have a scar on my chin from a face plant caused by a small piece of wadded paper.

There was one parking lot at the end of my street that had smooth pavement. It was an old used car lot that had been closed down and was vacant. The owner didn't mind us skating there because we kept it swept and the lot mowed.