• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canada Post on strike May 25/11

37 posts in this topic

Heads up that Canada Post is planning to start their strike on Wed. May 25/11. This may affect how you ship or hope to receive comics from USA and beyond. Those Canadian collectors that live near the border can ship their VintageComics from the USA side. Fed Ex and USPS should still be shipping to/from the great white north so returns from CGC should be OK. :wishluck:

Have no idea how long strike may last. Guess I could ask my cousin, the postie?

Man they where just on strike like last year. What a bunch of greedy sobs. Think last time mail just got slow since pretty sure they fall under the mandatory act thingy.

Strangely, with them on strike, I believe it might actually speed up the process of mailing something to Canada.

Heads up that Canada Post is planning to start their strike on Wed. May 25/11. This may affect how you ship or hope to receive comics from USA and beyond. Those Canadian collectors that live near the border can ship their VintageComics from the USA side. Fed Ex and USPS should still be shipping to/from the great white north so returns from CGC should be OK. :wishluck:

Have no idea how long strike may last. Guess I could ask my cousin, the postie?

Short (worship) aside for the mention....

I've been using Fed Ex for the majority of my shipping this year.

Their surface shipping rates are cheaper, items get there faster and they come through every time.

Their overnight rates are appealing too when I'm in a hurry or sending a bigger book.

I'm curious as to why they're striking.

they where just on strike like last year. Think last time mail just got slow since pretty sure they fall under the mandatory act thingy.

The fed gov't was forced to mail out senior's pension checks early this May/11 (since they were warned ahead of time by Canada Post) so that they could still pay their rent, food, feed the cat. :frustrated:

you having to be :censored:ING kidding me. I have a huge package in transit. :censored: me

You have seven more days.

They need to be careful. People may discover alternate shipping options during the strike and therefor will not return to Canada Post.

f off this is NOT funny. I don't know why sons of :censored:es can't :censored:ing give the public a couple :censored:ing weeks notice instead of four business days. Late Wednesday the story breaks, leaving people with th, fr, m, tu. that's it. Packages in transit take more than four days to arrive meaning you're screwed??? Such :censored:ing :censored:

:censored:!!!!!!!
I knew about the potential strike for a few months.

Maybe you should post less about your hobbies and keep up with the current events.

:banana:

you having to be :censored:ING kidding me. I have a huge package in transit. :censored: me
:baiting:

At least he seems to be taking it well. hm

At least he has a huge package. That has to count for something. :(

Also, I have a few packages due to arrive soon and my ComicLink cheque is supposed to be sent after the start of the potential strike date.

You don't hear me whining.

xoxo

greggy

Also, I have a few packages due to arrive soon and my ComicLink cheque is supposed to be sent after the start of the potential strike date.

You don't hear me whining.

xoxo

greggy

No more than any other day. :baiting:

:baiting:

At least he seems to be taking it well. hm

At least he has a huge package. That has to count for something. :(

Yeah, but it's in transit. I'd be concerned about shelf life. :eek:

Well good to know since I might be getting a package soon and it isnt shipped so maybe I can get it shipped via something else.

Canada Post sucks anyways. They never bring my packages to my door since it is soooo hard to walk up a couple stairs but ups, fedex, dhl and whoever else always come to my door.