• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Halloweenized Classic Comic Cover recreations
3 3

988 posts in this topic

Just.

Absolutely.

PERFECT!!!!!

:applause::cloud9::applause:

:whee::whee::whee:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Matthew, this is amazing! I love what you did with it and can't wait to hang this one up!!!!

Just to let you guys in on this...

I told Matthew that I loved how he rendered owls and thought that this would be a nice cover to feature some of those!

(Besides... I like owls. :shrug: )

This is awesome!!!!!

I love it!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Updated List...

Phantom Lady #23 - #1 on the list

Walking dead #1 - #2

Preacher #2 - #3

Vault of Evil #17 - #4

HOM #174 - #5

Weird Science Fantasy #6

Action Comics #276 - #7 on the list

Tomahawk 116 - #8

weird tales of the future #2 #9 on the list

Crisis #7 #10 on the list

G.I. Combat 56 - #11

Reserved:

House of Secrets #92

Suspense #3

House of Secrets # 106

Marvel Mystery Comics #46

Weird Tales of the Future #7

Planet Comics #41

Mr. District Attorney #66

Detective Comics #18

Pep #34

Giant Size X-men #1

Our Fighting Forces 71

Black Flag

Rifleman #10

Incredible Hulk #181

Walking Dead #19

Air Fighters #14

Simpsons #2

Crime Does Not Pay #24

I love it, Matty. Great cover to start back up on. :cloud9:

PS. I hate to tell you, Hibou. If it's anything like my cover was, the scan doesn't even come close to doing it justice. What you get in the mail is 10 times nicer than it appears in the scan. :whee:

PS. I hate to tell you, Hibou. If it's anything like my cover was, the scan doesn't even come close to doing it justice. What you get in the mail is 10 times nicer than it appears in the scan. :whee:

[font:Comic Sans MS]+1[/font]

So, Matthew -- you've been doing these cover recreations for a little over a year now -- what have you learned?

Do you appreciate certain artists more? Less?

Which one has been the toughest so far?

Wow, I am honored to have them framed and in so visible a place in your home, thanks!

As to what I have learned....

I am glad I don't do this for a living! lol So much care & attention has to be put into every mark you make. The exact angle & weight of your hand must be taken into consideration every time, or you get untrue lines. It's kinda exhausting drawing like other people! :ohnoez:

All that being said, I look forward to doing more, delving into other processes and learning what I can from them. The opportunity to do these has been a lot of fun.

I think the ones I like better are ones where I am combining my own style with the original artists a bit more evenly. The Miracleman was the toughest by far, though 101 cats just about sealed my doom out of sheer line making. Some things I have learned more about are things like knowing when you can back off from detail to create focus on other parts, things like that which are a bit more intangible I guess.