• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash #105 and Brave and the Bold #30

19 posts in this topic

B&B looks like a 4.0 with the sub crease.

Flash 105 has a good bit of restoration, I believe. Better pics of the corners & staples would be helpful, but it looks like all 4 corners are replaced, maybe the bottom edge too.

Not that I recall. I took a couple pics of these issues after someone stopped by with some of their collection. A very nice Action 23 among them. :ohnoez:

Flash 105 has a good bit of restoration, I believe. Better pics of the corners & staples would be helpful, but it looks like all 4 corners are replaced, maybe the bottom edge too.

Wow - good eye!

Wow - good eye!

upper left corner and on the top staple are pretty clear. here's an oldie of mine to compare/contrast. note the similar chipping in the green area reading edge.

still, this raw book is lovely. 7.5

flash105.jpg

Wow - good eye!

upper left corner and on the top staple are pretty clear.

Yeah - I would've thought the OP would've mentioned this . . . ;)

Wow - good eye!

The OP would have mentioned it if he had known. I'm mostly a modern collector and know little of resto other then the obvious marker on a cover.

Can someone please explain corner replacement? How can I tell?

Wow - good eye!

The OP would have mentioned it if he had known. I'm mostly a modern collector and know little of resto other then the obvious marker on a cover.

Can someone please explain corner replacement? How can I tell?

If you can give us larger pics of the corners & staples, or scans (both would be best) we should be able to give you an idea what's going on.

Credit to buttock for pointing it out, but the obvious details to me in this scan are:

- Recreation of DC Symbol at ULFC: somewhat amateur redrawing of "SUPER" in SUPERMAN portion of symbol;

- At LLFC: look at the left side of the Flash's boot - no continuation of the black outline; and at bottom of boot - looks softer, i.e., hand drawn;

- At top staple: Pattern suggests the use of rice paper as a tear seal (painted over);

But I'm just looking at the photo here and guessing.

DSC05211.jpg

I think, and this is only my opinion, that it will grade out 6.5-7.5 based on what I see. now, how the resto will factor in, I dont' know. but, I will say moderate in any case.

get it graded. still a nice book, but, as KISS would say, don't have great expectations. ;)

Hey guys,

Thanks to Branget I found this forum. These are my books that he listed as a favor to me on this messageboard. I have a fairly decent collection and he gave me a pretty good ballpark guesstimate of what kind of gradings and $$$ I am looking at.

These three books are "sell" books that my Pops and his friend from Legends (downtown Toronto) gave me to see what I could get for them. As for the restoration on the Flash, it's news to me as I am clearly not a grader in any form.

Would more scans help? Anybody interested in the three as a package?

I look forward to your wealth of info in the grading world. I have a few books that are worth some decent coin and the more eyes on them the better.

Thanks a lot guys, PM me for any further details if needed.