• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this MTU #53 look trimmed?

8 posts in this topic

Hello all...I'm new to the boards so I'm wondering if someone out there might give me their opinion on whether this MTU #53 has been trimmed. I'm thinking of bidding on it, but only if its "unrestored"! Thanks in advance....

450766-TEAM_53.jpg.525e266a2058130ceb699121828ff423.jpg

If you could get a scan of the comic sort of "sideways" I might be able to tell. As it is now on your Download, I canot tell at all.

CAL

You can't really tell if a book is trimmed from that angle or with that resolution. You need to look at the edges up close from the side and the cut edges in detail. It's best to use some sort of magnification as well so a low res scan like that isn't going to cut it.

It's got a weird cut angle at the top, but that doesn't mean the book was trimmed. It's impossible to determine trimming with any kind of accuracy from a scan. Also, why would anyone trim a MTU#53? The book doesn't seem valuable enough for someone to try to "restore" it.

Hello all...I'm new to the boards so I'm wondering if someone out there might give me their opinion on whether this MTU #53 has been trimmed. I'm thinking of bidding on it, but only if its "unrestored"! Thanks in advance....

Also, why would anyone trim a MTU#53? The book doesn't seem valuable enough for someone to try to "restore" it.

I agree. Speaking as someone who bought this new off the stands, the very idea of "restoring" one is insane.gif