• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Little kid art and TMNT

12 posts in this topic

I was going through some boxes of old drawings by my kids and came across these drawings, done by my son when he was around age 7 or 8. I had to laugh, cuz the TMNT meant almost nothing to me.... being past the age for paying attention to such things, but to my son..... they were the most important thing to ever hit his world :grin:

turtlesraphael.jpg

turtlesmichaelangelo.jpg

turtlesleonardo.jpg

turtlesdonatelo.jpg

Crappy yea..... but priceless to me. I think I'll get em framed hm

Awesome beyond words! I was never much of an artist, so I never made any sketches like this, but I was a fan all the same. I must be around the same age as your son. Very cool!

Not crappy at all! I would get them framed too. I bet they would be great in your comic room.

Totally agree!! Or frame it for him and give it to him at some point in his life. To know that Dad found this and had it framed....that's pretty neat for the latter years in his life.

(The arrow pointing to Leo's sword "foot soldier clothes," is truly priceless from the innocence of a seven year old)

Awesome beyond words! I was never much of an artist, so I never made any sketches like this, but I was a fan all the same. I must be around the same age as your son. Very cool!

He was born in '85 :acclaim:

BTW- I checked out the Turtle set in your banner on slideshow. Very nice.

What do you think of the Archie Turtle books ? Those are the ones I remember buying for him to read. They seemed more innocent or something.

I was born in '84. :)

The Archie series is more geared toward fans of the 80's TV show. You can tell by the colored bandanas and the use of the Shredder as the main villain. Most fans that enjoy the nostalgia that the original series brings really enjoy the Archie series. I found that even though I started out on the original series, I found myself drawn to the grittier version of the original comics and 2K3 TV series as I got older, hence my collection.

Thanks for the compliment. :) I think getting those framed would be very cool!