• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Don't the comic publishers air commercials on T.V. & Movies?

23 posts in this topic

Closest thing to a comicbook commercial that I have seen are the local Comic Book Shop commercials.

I tried to put as many comics as I could into this commercial that was shown in the Tampa area. :shy:

(tsk)

You should be glad I promoted the Strawberry Shortcake #6 comic on the airwaves. :makepoint:

funny thing is, comics were so hot in the early 90's that village comics (are they still around?), not even a chain, just a good size shop, used to run TV commercials here in NYC. just goes to show you how things change. now it's hard to fathom DC or marvel running any sort of TV ad when the latest issue of Batman might only make DC $10-$15K in profit after expenses (i might be optimistic --- if it makes any profit at all). a TV commercial would eat any and all profit. (ok, i guess it would apply to multiple titles, so it wouldn't eat all the profit, but you get my point)

i suppose they could stick the ads in the previews for their movies though...and insist that's part of the deal for showing the movie, i dunno.

Closest thing to a comicbook commercial that I have seen are the local Comic Book Shop commercials.

I tried to put as many comics as I could into this commercial that was shown in the Tampa area. :shy:

(tsk)

You should be glad I promoted the Strawberry Shortcake #6 comic on the airwaves. :makepoint:

:o