• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey Into Mystery #108 Production Art CLOSED

7 posts in this topic

Ok, this is a little unusual. I have all the pieces to make a unique framed display, but completing the project for myself is not as tempting as it was, given that I won some auctions recently, and I'd like to free up some cash for future buying opportunities.

I have some production art from Journey Into Mystery #108, the splash page and page 2, which I intend to place alongside the respective pages from 2 copies of JIM 108. The 2 copies will remain intact, but will be framed under UV glass and with an archival acid free matte. 5 panels in total, with the 5th panel a CGC 9.0 white pages copy:

RADD490D2011219_134751.jpg

RAD628D92011219_134754.jpg

Affording a page of original art was out of the question for me, but I bought the Splash page and page 2 production art transparencies--which I assume were used by Marvel in the production of the Journey Into Mystery Omnibus and Marvel Masterworks, since the original art was long gone from Marvel Studios:

Splash page (8 ½" x 10”) :

447719219_o.jpg

Page 2 (8 ½" x 10”) :

449220283_o.jpg

I envision placing the two transparencies next to the pages from 2 reader copies, and then placing the graded copy of 108 by itself in a 3rd column.

So, that said, would anyone be interested in having this project done for them? There are a few nice framing shops that could pull it all together, and then I could ship it to the buyer, but option 2 might be more to your liking: I ship the production art and the 3 copies of JIM #108, and you get them framed at your leisure.

Please feel free to PM me with offers for either option.

Option 2 price, btw, is: $650 shipped. Option 1, where I have the piece framed for you, is yet to be determined, but I could easily get a quote for completion from a local framing shop. Finished size should be approximately 32 x 30 inches, small enough to fit in an artist's portfolio case for transport to conventions (useful for any of you dealers that would be interested in having a unique display piece...) hm