• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Tracking and Grading System

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I am from Texas and have been collecting for several years now. I recently attended the DCC show here in Dallas and had my Capt America #100 signed by Stan Lee and Joe Simon. I submitted the issue thru Desert Wind Comics.

I was wondering if there is any way to track a comic thru the CGC process and if there is a link explaining what criteria for each nimber grade?

I did a search of the boards but was unable to loacte any earlier post. Any help would be appreciated.

If you don't have a membership, you can call CGC with the invoice # and they can tell you where it stands. It is helpful to check their current turnaround times so you don't call daily for six weeks waiting for a grade.

Or the cheap option is to try & pick a book usually a new one that is not on the census to get the creator to sign & check that every week. Once the book shows up on the census (your group of books is in their queue) you usually get it the next week.

Good advice cheetah, it's been only 2 days and I am already wanting the comic back!

They almost had to pry the comic out of my hands....get nervous when I hand comics over to someone else.

Thanks for the welcome...I was looking at your pregrade board and was wondering if there is a limit before everyone gets upset. I have a Aquaman #1 which I am the proud Father of and wanted to see if it was worth submitting to CGC or not. Also have a Dolphin #1, and some other great Silver age stuff.

unless i am wrong mr simon wasnt at the dallas con. this means the book will not be signed by mr simon until mid june at the legends tour.

if that is the case you will get your book back sometime around the first couple weeks of september. that is unless you fast tracked your book.

welcome to the boards. it will be worth the wait once you get it back.