• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

don rosa

32 posts in this topic

We need to see some more collected or even omnibus styled books for the ducks :)

There have been stops and starts to a hardcover omnibus for Rosa. It was a preorder at Amazon for a long time but I think it's disappeared. Just like my great deal on the preorder of Bloom County signed by Breathed.

I think he still does sketches, but not on sketch covers. My experience with him is that he is temperamental to say the least.

I'll let you know next week as he'll be at Heroes again. I offered him some cash last year on Friday to do 5 head sketches for me (I'm a HUGE Scrooge fan) and he declined even though I told him they could gladly be personalized. I think he still thought I was a flipper. I guess I'll just try and get one nice piece this year and will probably buy one of those $10 prints he always sells to see if that softens him up a bit.

Let us know how it goes :popcorn:

Same as last year. He still declined to do a more complicated piece (even for $250) but gladly offered to do a free head sketch. He doesnt do them on backing boards anymore (said they weren't wide enough) and only had a ream of typing paper with him. I told him I'd come by and get one tomorrow in my sketchbook. He'll gladly sign 100 books if you want and made numerous comments about how he never gets busy, all he's doing is sitting there, etc as to why he's looking for something to do. Pretty sad how little pub he gets in the States.

Wow thanks guys I will have to do some searching ... Honestly I'd like to find one with as many characters as I can Scrooge & donald & the kids & anyone else from the "ducktales" type characters . Nice to know he is still drawing as well... does he ever do sketches at cons ?.. If so how hard is it to get one from him /what around does it cost per duck?.. :)

Does anyone also know of any similar collected hardcover editions to that of the life and times of scrooge ?.. Does not really have to be of dons work as I just want something for reading in this case lol

The Life and Times is available here

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=4843002&Searchpage=1&Main=224917&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post4843002

Wonderful to read

For those of you who have never had the privilige of seeing Mr Rosa at a con, he sells about 20 different 11*17 prints of Gold/Silver cover recreations for $20. This is the one I chose as the swinging of the money bag was absolutely genius!

Picture491.jpg

Love it.

Went back for Day 2 and got worried as Mr Rosa had moved from the cartoon strip section to the main section of Artists Alley and I didnt find him for a while. He was wearing the greatest shirt I've ever seen at a comic con. It was green with the Don Rosa signature logo across the top and said

"I'm huge in Europe

(especially Finland)."

I commented on it (of course) and he joked about if he was in Helsinki that everyone in the con hall would be at his table, instead of just me. He then graciously took my sjetchbook and in about 3 minutes..........

rosagold.jpg

'nuff said

Went back for Day 2 and got worried as Mr Rosa had moved from the cartoon strip section to the main section of Artists Alley and I didnt find him for a while. He was wearing the greatest shirt I've ever seen at a comic con. It was green with the Don Rosa signature logo across the top and said

"I'm huge in Europe

(especially Finland)."

I commented on it (of course) and he joked about if he was in Helsinki that everyone in the con hall would be at his table, instead of just me. He then graciously took my sjetchbook and in about 3 minutes..........

rosagold.jpg

'nuff said

Good story and sketch! :applause: