• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 227

10 posts in this topic

Here is a pic of bats 227 with a slight color stain but does not bleed through the other side will upload back of comic which is white and no blemishes just on the moon by batmans shouler, what would this grade and would CGC hammer the grade.

<a  href=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2790/5759412553_9fe467eb56_b.jpg' alt='5759412553_9fe467eb56_b.jpg'> $(KGrHqMOKjsE24SU2mcJBNzZCSCDRg~~_3 by AJL007, on Flickr[/img]

I'd probably call it 8.0 for the stain, and I'd have to reluctantly guess that CGC would say the same....maybe a soft 8.5. Very strong eye appeal though. (thumbs u

nice book and I did bid on it. I figured the books is less than 9.0 in hand or it would have been slabbed like the rest of the nice books in that collection. I figured this one has hidden flaws that couldn't be seen with the small pic.

If that is truly stain instead of just dirt since it didn't show on the interior...then the book won't get anything near 9.0

as others have pointed out, stains are getting hit very hard by CGC.

It also appears as though some effort may have been made to remove the stain, which unfortunately, compounds the defect. :(

The white tick at the base of the cover is either a small tear or a printer's paper pull.

Nice eye appeal but it's hard to see what's going on with that scan.

I can't see any color breaking spine tics so that's a plus...

I'd have to agree with what others are saying with the staining though.

Nice book regardless!