• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Comic Con - Stan Lee, JR JR, etc.

5 posts in this topic

I was lucky enough to be able to help out DWC at the Dallas Comic Con last weekend, so I thought I'd take the time to share a little bit about my experience...

DWC was set up next to Gemma of CGC, and Stan Lee and John Romita Jr. Among other things, I provided CGC pricing info to people in the Stan Lee signing line, and I assisted attendees in filling out their CGC paperwork, before passing it along to Sharon for review. Having never assisted with something like this before, let's just say that I ended up being much much busier than I had anticipated. When I finally looked at the time on my cell phone, it was 4:00 and I still hadn't had lunch. It was a pleasure to finally meet Chandler and Sharon and to work alongside them, Gemma, and one of DWC's other wonderful helpers, Tonya.

Between all of the prep work that they put into their Stan Lee signings before the show, and the long, busy, hours spent at the show, and their regular jobs on top of that, I don't know how DWC does it not only just over the course of a full weekend show, but show after show over the course of the year - perhaps unlike myself, they don't need to sleep!

I also had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with the collector, and his good buddy Fonzie, BeachBum, somewhereintexas, and briefly, Shark. When I took a few minutes away from the booth, it was also great to see my buddy, Mr. Bedrock again!

Other highlights of the show, for me, were chatting with Stan Lee & John Romita Jr (mostly at the meet and greet), as well as Todd Nauck when I snuck away to get a quick sketch done. I also enjoyed kidding around with one of Stan's guys, Max. It was awesome experience to finally meet and chat with these guys. Stan and JR JR had different reactions when I got them to sign a piece of my son's of artwork. Stan just laughed (probably thinking it was really something that I did), while JR JR offered words of encouragement.

Apologies for the lack of pictures...

I was one of the people in the DWC line for SS, so thanks for all the help I got there from you and others (with a shout out to Gemma, who was a witness for me with Rick Leonardi. She may remember the silver paint marker failure).