• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Considering the book graded out at 9.6 and you made an offer for the 175 and 179 as a pair and wanted me to guarantee both books graded out at 9.6, I don't think your offer would be considered crazy money at all.

Ken

My offer didn't have any strings attached to grade (although I was going to complain if they didn't come back 9.4 or better), and my understanding based on our conversation was that you weren't even remotely interested in selling either one (although you seemed to be more positive about #175). You waivered on the 179 (and later indicated you were not selling it) and never bothered negotations further. I even went so far as to say go get them graded so you can ask for more. I wasn't happy taking all the risk with raw. You said you weren't going to grade them. I contacted you several times over the next year or so just to see where you were at. Nothing happened.

It was definitely an excellent starting point that had room to go up, but you didn't bother, which I took as your unwillingness to sell (most people would start with counteroffers if they were interested). If you had lines of people waiting to meet or exceed my initial price without negotiations on the raw books, then I stand corrected. Apparently the art of negotation must be an absolute mystery to me (pun intended).

I'm sure a ton of people can attest to the money I've paid dearly for this title...this is one title I do want to complete.

Good luck on the sale. I'm sure it will do well.

On the bright side, CL finally informs you if someone else has placed a buy order ahead of you.

Found that out yesterday hours after the fact.

Oh well, not a big deal but it was an excellent price considering it has white pages, which is scarce for that book.

Nice info...and agreed. The White pages are definitely worth a premium on that book...I also see that often on #174.

Considering the book graded out at 9.6 and you made an offer for the 175 and 179 as a pair and wanted me to guarantee both books graded out at 9.6, I don't think your offer would be considered crazy money at all.

Ken

My offer didn't have any strings attached to grade (although I was going to complain if they didn't come back 9.4 or better), and my understanding based on our conversation was that you weren't even remotely interested in selling either one (although you seemed to be more positive about #175). You waivered on the 179 (and later indicated you were not selling it) and never bothered negotations further. I even went so far as to say go get them graded so you can ask for more. I wasn't happy taking all the risk with raw. You said you weren't going to grade them. I contacted you several times over the next year or so just to see where you were at. Nothing happened.

It was definitely an excellent starting point that had room to go up, but you didn't bother, which I took as your unwillingness to sell (most people would start with counteroffers if they were interested). If you had lines of people waiting to meet or exceed my initial price without negotiations on the raw books, then I stand corrected. Apparently the art of negotation must be an absolute mystery to me (pun intended).

I'm sure a ton of people can attest to the money I've paid dearly for this title...this is one title I do want to complete.

Good luck on the sale. I'm sure it will do well.

Sterling,

I stand corrected on one point, and that is stating that the books needed to grade out at 9.6. I went back and read the PM you sent me regarding these two books and you did state that the books are " gonna need CGC plastic with the numbers 9.4 in order for me to pay it". You are correct that at the time I was uncertain as to whether I wanted to sell the books but this was November of 2006 and you said that you would be willing to pay for them assuming the 9.4 grades "at some point next year". I am sorry we did not work something out, but I decided to simply let the market decide the book's value and if it sells for less than your offer then so be it.

Ken

Hey All,

There's a cute HOS #83 White Pages 9.4 (doesn't look as sharp as the #179) but the seller wants $840. I ran it up but got auto-declined...so if anyone is nuts enough to pull the trigger, go for it. :screwy:

RAD2A517200934_21460.jpg

Sterling

I know HOS #83 is a toughie, but it just isn't one I have at the top of my list - and I think it's because it's not an Adams cover. I have nothing against Morrow, but when I think of HOS & HOM in this time period, I think of Adams!!

Just saw this today...another one to add to the bronze "horror and superhero crossover" checklist. That vamp looks A LOT like Christopher Lee back in the Hammer film days...

I'm sure I've forgotten to add a few...check out my progress by downloading it:

http://ftp.datazap.net/ftp/sterlingcomics/superhero_horror_checklist.xls

75499.jpg.a353faf72fafebdc3f334f6af9e939ad.jpg

Also, don't forget the archives...

There are currently three House of Mystery volumes (Showcase Presents), a House of Secrets volume...and also Creepy, Eerie, and Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery...can't go wrong with any of them (and, with the exception of the Dark Horse books, cheap)

Anyone here snag Ken's HOM 176? Sterling?

I didn't bid on it. I want the players out of the market for the book before I pick it up. I would've paid more than this though if privately offered. Oh and if I had money. lol