• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

I do way too much surfing, E-Bay saved searches, etc....there are books out there waiting to be bought. I have been lucky to have patience to find them and work out good prices.

You said it best awhile back, "I'll buy this book in the future for half price when they go to re-sell". You were commenting on one of the many high priced auctions sales at the time. I have been very careful and patient when buying. Even my Tec 400 was at the right price. I will not chase, can't afford it and with my want list, there is always another book to find.

Edited by Dover

Fantastic book! I've been looking for this book in 9.0-9.2 condition for 4 years! I still haven't found one. If you ever happen to come across one that you would consider selling- please let me know.

Thanks, and congrats on getting a phenomenal book!

Fantastic book! I've been looking for this book in 9.0-9.2 condition for 4 years! I still haven't found one. If you ever happen to come across one that you would consider selling- please let me know.

Thanks, and congrats on getting a phenomenal book!

Thanks! (thumbs u I'm quite fond of it myself. It's very sharp and although I'm primarily a Marvel Zombie this book really grabbed me. I'm a Neal Adams nut so that was a plus. But I really like the green cover and the gloss and inksarestill incredible. If I hadn't bought it it would have been gone today.

love that Witching Hour #45, for all those people who are still in that Halloween mode and can't get enough of that horror stuff, try channel 550 IFC: Tonight

:popcorn:

8 p.m. The Changeling (1979 Horror) George C. Scott

10 p.m. Kingdom of Spiders (Science Fiction) Willam Shatner

Looking for DC Horror 9.4 or Better, mostly 9.6

(thumbs u House of Mystery

:devil: House of Secrets

Edited by Hacksaw

I see tons of good books popping up in the Jan foccussed auction at ComicLink.

:sorry:

One of the very first DC bronze horror books that I ever bought. Times change, interests change, but this will always be one of my favorite books and one of my favorite Wrightson covers!

Goodbye old friend. Hope you find a great new home. (thumbs u

See page 1, third post of this thread.

I will have this and a few other horror titles up for sale this week. I would rather post them here first.

Incredible hard to find and until this one arrived the highest graded copy was 9.2.

scan0029-8.jpg

scan0005-7.jpg

scan0006-7.jpg

I see tons of good books popping up in the Jan foccussed auction at ComicLink.

:sorry:

One of the very first DC bronze horror books that I ever bought. Times change, interests change, but this will always be one of my favorite books and one of my favorite Wrightson covers!

Goodbye old friend. Hope you find a great new home. (thumbs u

See page 1, third post of this thread.

I thought it looked familiar! :(

What's up folks?

Just a quick hello to introduce myself. I am new here. I just exhausted my collecting of ASM. I can't finish the high grade run until I win the lottery. I have moved on to my new comic passion, Bronze age Horror comics. I am a big fan of the DC stuff, both House of Mystery and Secrets. Anyone know where i can get a high grade copy of House of Mystery #174. I have tried the obvious websites, to no avail. Any info is appreciated.

Excited to be here!

Capt. Hook

Welcome to the obsession! Still highly unvalued as compared to other books, but that's just my opinion.

High grade 174...what grade? There's usually 2-3 that pop up in a given year so be patient. I sold my 9.6 so I'm looking for another copy. :devil: I'm thinking about just waiting patiently until a 9.8 shows up...which I think will happen. A resub of the PC copy may be a good contender.

If you think HOM 174 is tough...try to nab a HOS 81. Damn near impossible.

HOM is the only title which I'm currently collecting now (and only missing issues at that)...in fact I'm eliminating all of my books next year except for the "core": HOM, HOS, Ghosts, Unexpected, Witching Hour, Weird War Tales...so stay peeled to ComicLink...lots of good stuff coming to market next year.

An end of an era of sorts...but will help me eliminate other titles I have no emotional tie to, allow me to get some much needed house stuff done and have some funds for upgrades/new purchases of core titles.

Man do I hear ya on the obsession! I sold a HOS #81 mid grade on ebay earlier this year. I regretted it at the time, but I am trying to eliminate some clutter in my apartment, by order of the lady. High Grade stays, mid grade and reader copies gotta go! Just learning the ropes hear. I have a ton of raw very high grade stuff of all genres. Would love to trade for titles I collect. What's the best way to go about it? Sorry i missed out on your HOM 174. I Did just get a pretty nice copy of the DC Super Special #7 Ghosts 9.6. I owe that urge to this thread. this can't be healthy. My girl is gonna kill me!

Thanks for the advice and info!