• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

ok, more content books

hos131 has maybe the most precode style bronze story DC did and its by Fleisher & Suydam. Absoulte masterpiece, without equal really for what it is.

484934-hos131.jpg

I don't know why, but when I see that cover it totally reminds me of a Witching Hour issue (maybe the witch) confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice to see greggy, sterling, and the donger at Vault Auctions.

This should get interesting in 14 days.

grider67

smirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gifwink.gifjuggle.gif

I see redf1shing has joined the party too...

Is his ID "mysteryman"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I see redf1shing has joined the party too...
Is his ID "mysteryman"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No silly boy--redf1shing... foreheadslap.gif

I don't see him bidding on the books that I'm watching. What is he bidding on? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Thanks for posting all the cool covers guys. I have a new strategy now. I'm not looking up individual issues anymore on Ebay, and I don't really have a "want list" as it would just be too hard to complete. I'm not really a completist anyway so that's no big deal. My new strategy is to simply raid all the DC Horror bins at conventions and buy all the VF+ and up books (with nice covers) that I can find and afford. Multiples are fine by me. But I appreciate seeing many of them here as it has really spurned my interest. I think I'm even gonna tackle those Weird War books that I had always avoided before. I've also recently gotten into those Wrightson Swampy books as well. Anyway, cool stuff, keep it up guys. One day when I buy a new computer I'll download the necessary software and figure out how to post an avatar, and especially scans in my posts. ------Sid

thumbsup2.gifdevil.gif

Thanks for posting all the cool covers guys. I have a new strategy now. I'm not looking up individual issues anymore on Ebay, and I don't really have a "want list" as it would just be too hard to complete. I'm not really a completist anyway so that's no big deal. My new strategy is to simply raid all the DC Horror bins at conventions and buy all the VF+ and up books (with nice covers) that I can find and afford. Multiples are fine by me. But I appreciate seeing many of them here as it has really spurned my interest. I think I'm even gonna tackle those Weird War books that I had always avoided before. I've also recently gotten into those Wrightson Swampy books as well. Anyway, cool stuff, keep it up guys. One day when I buy a new computer I'll download the necessary software and figure out how to post an avatar, and especially scans in my posts. ------Sid

thumbsup2.gifdevil.gif

Just stay away from the BINs at the Charlotte Comic-Con---they will be raided first thing Friday morning thumbsup2.gif

I looked at the bidders on the HOM 207 raw....893scratchchin-thumb.gif
foreheadslap.gif Maybe it's your shill ID design to punishment bid me! sumo.gif

its australian, they did several titles with charlton, dc, warren & skywald reprints as well as original stories. That one is all dc. Its really nice to see some of the art in B&W, its so clean! Especially Ruben Yandoc, i appreciated hiom a lot more after i saw his stuff B&W.

Just stay away from the BINs at the Charlotte Comic-Con---they will be raided first thing Friday morning thumbsup2.gif

Sterling, I won't be at that one but I'll fight ya' for box-front real estate at San Diego and Chicago if you are there. wink.gif ----Sid

Sterling, I won't be at that one but I'll fight ya' for box-front real estate at San Diego and Chicago if you are there. wink.gif ----Sid

Actually I haven't been to many cons--I've been in Chicago for the last seven months. Charlotte isn't exactly a "high profile" con event. I look forward to meeting you at one of these in the future. When is the next Chicago event?. My wife loves the Cubs so it can be a glorious event. I can see it now...

"Wow --great looking HOM 203 cover."

"Uh sir, I saw that first. It's mine."

"Nope-no way. I saw it first..."

foreheadslap.gif

Greggy, shouldn't you be checking your CGC grades... confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually I haven't been to many cons--I've been in Chicago for the last seven months. Charlotte isn't exactly a "high profile" con event. I look forward to meeting you at one of these in the future. When is the next Chicago event?. My wife loves the Cubs so it can be a glorious event. I can see it now...

"Wow --great looking HOM 203 cover."

"Uh sir, I saw that first. It's mine."

"Nope-no way. I saw it first..."

foreheadslap.gif

Greggy, shouldn't you be checking your CGC grades... confused-smiley-013.gif

I just made my reservations for the Wizard Chicago con a few days ago. This year it is August 13th-15th. You can get info and make reservations at www.wizarduniverse.com although I booked my hotel and air through hotels.com. -----Sid

Cripes! I haven't been on the boards much lately (doing my fanzine!), and I've really been missing out with this thread! Right up my alley!

Shiv- mail me a list of what you still need. I've a bunch of DC horror multiples right now. At one point I had three complete runs of SoHH, haha!! A high grade set for myself to squirrel away, a mid to high set to resell, and a low to mid set to read and then "dump". I've still got a TON of multiples left from many titles. Maybe I can help?!

Sterling - I take it you live in the Carolinas (probably close, if not IN Charlotte)? "Heroes" was a very cool shop back in the late '80s. I used to visit my mom down in Charlotte for a couple months every summer break. AAaah the memories... I collected Conan back then, and flew home with a paper grocery bag full of about 65 back issues that I guarded with my life on the flight, haha. I picked them up at "Heroes Con" ... the first con I ever attended. Stan Lee was supposed to be there that year but wussed out. My friends on the cul de sac would call the "Heroes Hot Line" religiously for new comic updates. Dang, wish I collected horror comics starting back then..... oh well...

As far as stories go, HoM # 201 is of course LEGEND for the "Demon Within" classic yarn. Tied for my personal fave is "Hoppin' Down the Bunny Trail" from Unexpected 202.

Edited by precodekeith

Yep, I live in Charlotte. (Actually, I just pay my mortgage there, but that's another story).

yep, I actually went to Heroes just last week to get some new bags and boards for books I'm sending to shiver...and unfortunately a DC 100pager met an untimely demise as a result of my stupidity. (and for those who already read about that in the other thread--THIS IS THERAPY FOR ME). They generally had "new" issues and "current/Modern" issues. Most of the silver age was midgrade, and all superhero. Not one DC or Marvel or EC or Charton horror book in the place. I was shocked!

I plan on going this year to the con with a different perspective. When I went back in 2000 I bought just about anything I saw--now I am the dreaded "picky collector". If nothing else I'll stop by and say hi to all of dealers I haven't seen face to face in a while. Now, if CGC would only visit... confused-smiley-013.gif

I re-read "The Demon Within" the other day. What a sad sad story! Definitely a shocking ending! It's sending a message to kids that adults don't want their kids to be different in a creative way. Shiver loves the Bunny story--it stood out for me as I picked it up off the stands as a kid.

yep, I actually went to Heroes just last week to get some new bags and boards for books I'm sending to shiver...and unfortunately a DC 100pager met an untimely demise as a result of my stupidity. (and for those who already read about that in the other thread--THIS IS THERAPY FOR ME).

Newbie! smirk.gif

Jim

Newbie! smirk.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif Actually I was also in a rush, and being impatient. I am usually very cautious about such things. It was a bad comic karma day for me.

Rookie! sumo.gif