• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,922 posts in this topic

That book looks very nice... 893whatthe.gif

Somehow though I don't think it won't go for $1g...I may be proved wrong...

You gotta figure redf1ishing will be in there. The question is, who's gonna make him overpay & by how much? confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My two Ghosts 9.4 are just fine... (although I realized one of them was encased in a "regular" slab)...

redf1shing doesn't usually pay cwazy dollars for Ghosts, although he did recently overbid my $70 bid for NM/MT (ie 9.4) on nickkat's recent books.

Actually, I've decided to sell my collection, so who knows...maybe I can just sell him all of my "highest census" HOM and other issues so these prices can return to normalcy. (although I see a few others willing to step up to the plate). Gotta hurry before the infamous crash...where's JC?

Oh, but you're talking about me, huh 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

redf1shing doesn't usually pay "nuts" for Ghosts, although he did recently overbid my $70 bid for NM/MT (ie 9.4) on nickkat's recent books.

Actually, I've decided to sell my collection, so who knows...maybe I can just sell him all of my "highest census" HOM and other issues so these prices can return to normalcy. (although I see a few others willing to step up to the plate).

Your whole collection? You serious? confused.gif

redf1shing doesn't usually pay "nuts" for Ghosts, although he did recently overbid my $70 bid for NM/MT (ie 9.4) on nickkat's recent books.

Actually, I've decided to sell my collection, so who knows...maybe I can just sell him all of my "highest census" HOM and other issues so these prices can return to normalcy. (although I see a few others willing to step up to the plate).

It sickens me, but (gulp) yes.

I have around 300 CGC books, with 120 coming back (so ~430). And 2k or so raw issues, about 150 more CGC worthy to be sent. Guestimate. I'm doing window shopping with dealers/investors to buy it outright---anyone worthy to call?

It sickens me, but (gulp) yes.

It sickens me too. You got a sweet collection from what I've seen. Why dude? frown.gif

it boils down to 1. priorities for my family and 2. the need to help out my mum. Trust me, they ain't going cheap, but I'm hoping a fair price. I mean, if I turn down a HOM 224 CGC 9.4, something's wrong 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have around 300 CGC books, with 120 coming back. And 2k or so raw issues, about 100 more CGC worthy. Guestimate. I'm doing window shopping with dealers/investors to buy it outright---anyone worthy to call?

Maybe Metro? I know they got the funds to make it happen. Offering them up here first might make you more money on an individual basis but if you're looking to unload 'em all in one fell swoop I say go Metro. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

it boils down to 1. priorities for my family and 2. the need to help out my mum. Trust me, they ain't going cheap, but I'm hoping a fair price. I mean, if I turn down a HOM 224 CGC 9.4, something's wrong 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
frown.gif

frown.gif

I really wanted to complete my high grade set from 174-229. So close, so close...Anyone want to "rent" my collection confused-smiley-013.gif

I have around 300 CGC books, with 120 coming back. And 2k or so raw issues, about 100 more CGC worthy. Guestimate. I'm doing window shopping with dealers/investors to buy it outright---anyone worthy to call?

Maybe Metro? I know they got the funds to make it happen. Offering them up here first might make you more money on an individual basis but if you're looking to unload 'em all in one fell swoop I say go Metro. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yep, I'll call the BSDs first--the ones who appreciate the genre and age are my first bets...you are correct that it is a balance between speed of the liquidation and the price realized. Just want to explore all of my options first... frown.gif

Yep, I'll call the BSDs first--the ones who appreciate the genre and age are my first bets...you are correct that it is a balance between speed of the liquidation and the price realized. Just want to explore all of my options first... frown.gif

tonofbricks.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

...and the depression settles in.... tonofbricks.gif

I thought that you were going to only sell the other stuff...not your core collection! 893frustrated.gif

I thought that you were going to only sell the other stuff...not your core collection! 893frustrated.gif

Well, I'm crunching the numbers, and the situation changed. My high grade spideys are running out (stuff I will happily part with), so it looks like I'm gonna have to cut where it hurts... the situation may change but that's my current reality check.

If I have to start over, c'est la vie. But there's blood sweat and tears in many of the books I've acquired. I can recall an interesting "acquisition" story for most of them...

Hate to hear someone selling their collection in this type of situation but as you said "priorities". I hope the help you're giving your mum is for financial and not health related (hope she's OK). Here's to hoping it all works out for ya and that you can keep some of your more prized books!

Jayman