• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,919 posts in this topic

Oh, you guys went yesterday. Yep, I was in the air all freakin day from SLC to CLT via ORD. Give me your thoughts on the con please....

We gotta plan the next one so all of the regional forum members can meet somewhere and then bus over...

yowtch!!!! thats a nice WH9! So the bronze horror was whacky priced?

Prices weren't whacky, this was just the only book on my want list that I found in high enough grade, I paid $45 for it from Harley and it's probably a 9.2. He had a couple dozen(?) nice bronze DC horror books, including 3 of the HoM Dollar books in high grade (not NM). I wasn't looking at all the books though, just the titles on my list, so he might have had some other stuff as well.

Saw a real pretty Super DC Giant 20 at $75(?) at Basement Comix, but it had a hefty bindery tear. Black Cat comics had some nice 100 pagers, a run of Hot Wheels, and a great looking Super DC Giant 21 @$350, and the elusive Blue Bolt 105 with the "Green Chick form Star Trek" cover! Dale Roberts had some nice books too, including a sharp HoM 179 @$125. Chris Foss had a new collection (3 new collections?) that had some nice bronze horror in it...and stacks of gold and silver in his cage!!

There was also a shwweeet copy of Mask Comics 2 CGC 8.0... cloud9.gif

Sounds like it was a really worthy show! prices don't seem to whacky. I guess dealers are starting to bring those books to the shows now. The cole covers are always great to see, especially Mask. I remember the 1st show i went to as a kid in Philly, about 1984, i saw a Mask#2 on Sparkle City's wall and was MESMORIZED. I've loved it ever since.

Just back from the Heroes show here in Charlotte. The show was well attended today and there was a lot of great books there. If you had the money and the desire, you could have purchased a complete run of Spiderman and X-Men, probably all in high grade. Those books were there in mass. Nice stuff to look at though. Chris Foss has been buying collections faster that I can buy stuff from him. He brought his newly acquired Marvel Comics #1(9.4 restored) to the show. I actually got to hold that book a couple of weeks ago at his store!!! It is truly a beautiful book. I was at HarleyYee's booth yesterday, and some guy purchased a handful of nice books, then walked off and left them laying on the shelf!!! I offered to take the books and go look for the guy, but Harley just laughed (?) Luckily the guy paid with a credit card, and Harley got in touch with him later that night and offered to mail the books to the guy. I was kind of surprised that there was not more really high grade horror books up on the display boards. Had to dig through the boxes for most of them. I ended up buying most of my stuff from Harley. I got several really nice Neal Adams' Superboys and a gorgeous Batman 244 ( I would love to show you those books, but I know that would be OT). So, I'll just post some of the horror books that I got. I know most of them have been posted before, but they're new for me, so...

511348-HOM178.jpg

511348-HOM178.jpg.fdbb201bc219f106b4b68ed23a4c3ca1.jpg

Pricing on these books was cheaper than buying them on ebay. Actually, the HOS 81 listed for $26.00!!! I got it cheaper than that. It is not a real high grade book like all the other ones shown, but still not too bad. Wish I had seen that HOM 179!!!!! There were quite a few 100 pagers at the show, but I just ran out of money. I did pass on a very nice WH #2 for $45. I'm still kicking myself on that one. Wait!!! There's still one more day to go!!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Rahigh,

Nice books. I've missed Heroes now two years straight... frown.gif

178 looks nice--a little cleaning but it looks like at least a 8.5...

When I went in 2002, finding high grade was tough. Unfortunately, many dealers don't consider Charlotte a "high profile" market to sell high grade books. Did you say ANY CGC books there? I saw maybe a dozen in 2002.