• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,922 posts in this topic

Sterling,

You are right. Most of the "big time" dealers consider the Charlotte show as "too slow". And, indeed, it may be. But it's still a nice "local" show with a great atmosphere. I wish it could draw more of the bigtime dealers and their books though. Yes, there were a few CGC books there. I didn't see any horror though. Books that caught my attention were a CGC 9.6 copy of Superboy # 155 for $350.00. Justice League of America 71 (NM+ though not CGC) for $110. I may still sneak back tomorrow for that book. It was gorgeous!!! Primer #2 and Grendel #'s 1-3, all NM (beautiful copies) for about $125 apiece (again, not slabbed). There were more great books there, but I wonder if some of the larger dealers who were there (ie, Harley and Heroes and Dragons) were saving their best books for San Diego? Anyway, I had a great time and picked up some nice books. So, overall, I'd say it was a great show.

— Rick

511451-BB93.jpg

511451-BB93.jpg.774e037241700da3f52b4872320f1ff4.jpg

Edited by rahigh

well thats not THAT far, i drove 20 hours to get here! Maybe next year....

Matthew, if you make it up, I can provide hotel accomodations with Marriott for anyone staying over since I am on the road 100% and I have tons of points. I'd love to get all of the regional forum members here as well next time.

Interesting, my wife frequents a local board here in Charlotte and there was a little forum party. I went with her (although I was confused-smiley-013.gif most of the time), but I was thinking--it would be nice to see others on the forum eventually at a con event. Hopefully, we can do it soon.

I've never read that issue of BB --how the heck did they mesh in a mystery book with Batman?! confused.gif

Seriously, if you are interested, maybe we can start making plans now for a con (doesn't have to be Charlotte) in the not so distant future... I'm already looking forward to rebuilding a collection...

that B&B is great! Lots of neal adams cain as well as a nice mystery story. Pick up a reader some time its worth it. I wish i had a spare for you. frown.gif

I am interested in getting plans set. Each year between end of june and early october can be dicey because of art shows, but nothing is definately out. When is Dragon con in atlanta?

The Charlotte show the perfect chance to upgrade a number of less-expensive books where the cost of postage would be a significant percentage of the total cost of buying off eBay. I managed to upgrade HoS 88, HoS 123, Witching Hour 1 & 12, HoM 189. Sometimes "upgrades" for me can be as low as FN to VF, and these were generally $5 to $12 books at Charlotte. Also picked up my first copies of HoM 263 and 300, Kaluta covers nice enough for posting to this thread once I'm back in town and in front of a scanner next week.

I've never read that issue of BB --how the heck did they mesh in a mystery book with Batman?! confused.gif

It's a straight O'Neil/Adams Batman story (a very good one too), but narrated by Cain like it was an entry in the HoM anthology. thumbsup2.gif

I just got in from Heroes. There was some GREAT HG BA stuff for good prices there. I spent about $750 total and probably got 60-70 books, most 9.0-9.6. I was very happy with it.

The GA selection was pitiful, though. That Mask 2 8.0 went for $1400. I'll post some stuff that I got later, but my fave is probably a Lois Lane 106 (the "black like me" cover) in 9.4-9.6 cloud9.gif

Rahigh - did you get that HOM 221 from Harley?

Yes, I did. That one, and all the other HOM were bought from Harley. They are all beautiful copies, especially the 214 and 221. Went back today and picked up a beautiful copy of JLA 71 from Basement Comics.

I looked at that 221 for a while trying to find something wrong with it, and by the time I finally got around to getting stuff from Harley, it was gone confused.gif. That was a great pickup.

Sterling, you would have had fun, but you would have spent money.

I love that BB93. I just read my copy a few days ago. Its really tough to find above vf/nm. So far I've have little luck in getting one. grin.gif

Yep great book, another added to my want list 893frustrated.gif