• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,988 posts in this topic

OK, got my grades online today. I pretty much nailed them. Was really hoping for a 9.8 on 211, but a 9.6 isn't too shabby...

HOM 175 CGC 9.0 OWW (graded by Heritage at 9.0 raw; 2 graded higher)

HOM 176 CGC 9.2 OW (raw ebay special from 2 years ago; one graded higher)

HOM 208 CGC 9.6 OWW (previously encapsulated as 9.6-only and best)

HOM 211 CGC 9.6 OW (Nick Katradis 9.8 special highest in census!)

thumbsup2.gif

OK, got my grades online today. I pretty much nailed them. Was really hoping for a 9.8 on 211, but a 9.6 isn't too shabby...

HOM 175 CGC 9.0 OWW

HOM 176 CGC 9.2 OW

HOM 208 CGC 9.6 OWW

HOM 211 CGC 9.6 OW

thumbsup2.gif

Congrats! The 175 is on my list...any update on when/where these will hit the streets? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Congrats! The 175 is on my list...any update on when/where these will hit the streets? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I am laboriously scanning all of my RAW books first...will probably sell off my raw books first to give me some capital so I can buy a legal scanner for all of the CGC books.

In terms of the HOM issues, I am potentially negotiating for the entire LOT. I paid crazy money for those, so therefore need someone as crazy as myself to grab these. If it falls through, then I anticipate ~1 month or so before it potentially hits an eBay system near you. Of all the books I have, the HOM books will be the very last I sell--and I will not lose money on those. I will be more forgiving on the other titles in my collection...

Thanks for asking, Mike! flowerred.gif

HOM 175 CGC 9.0 OWW

HOM 176 CGC 9.2 OW

HOM 208 CGC 9.6 OWW

HOM 211 CGC 9.6 OW

thumbsup2.gif

Vulture! 893naughty-thumb.gif

drbanner, congrats on your House of Secrets 82 CGC 9.2 from Danny. very nice price (of course, someone near and dear to me snagged the HOS 9.6 issue for only $300....)

Too bad about the production creases. frown.gif

OT a bit but connected to horror comics.

Do any of you know who this weweir person is?

He is bidding on alot of the horror books and was also bidding against me at greggy's auctions.

He a board member?

Why don't you just e-mail him and ask him who he is if you want to know so bad, genius.

Would you like me to ask him for you?

OK, I got my ScanJet 8200 in tonight. Man does this thing scan fast. I'm still a little peeved though that the Descreen option can't be saved as the profile. Anyone know how I can apply the profile AND descreen in just one scan PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LMK. Here are some scans with the books I got back today, and my vault collection from last go round.

57159219.jpg

actually, I bought it from ebuyer.com for "only" $409. It lists for $499. I went for overnight shipping, as I want to get my books imaged in the next week. The web site gives you every nugget of info you need to add to order, cancel, and track. Very positive experience. It's worth the price just to eliminate the "scan hell" I'm in and get back my time. I'm not with my family during the week as it is...No one is going to claim I give small scans and/or incomplete book scans. thumbsup2.gif So, remember to bid, bid, bid 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yes, usb is the only way to go. Version 2 to be exact.

Just to give you some perspective, it was taking over 2 minutes front and back with the old scanner. This one can scan much deeper dpi, does legal, and still do it in half the time. The whole Descreen option not saved as part of the profile really disturbs me, though. So I guess everyone out there in comic land has to rescan EVERY book because they need to manually select Descreen?1?

I'm finished with 70% of my raw stock, concentrating on the slabs this weekend.