• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,946 posts in this topic

You can change the Forum time displayed on your screen.....

Jim

Why? I have it set to my time zone and still see the birthday cake! confused.gif

You can change the Forum time displayed on your screen.....

Jim

Why? I have it set to my time zone and still see the birthday cake! confused.gif

Maybe it justs runs on one time zone as the main one confused-smiley-013.gif

Just looking back over this thread and wondering... with all of the great books that have been listed, what is your favorite bronze horror cover??? There are so many to choose from. How about HOM 174 or 190, 195 or 205, 208, 213, 217 or 236? And what about HOS? Maybe # 88, 92 or 103? How about Witching Hour 1 or 10 or 33? Even Phantom Stranger 10 or 18 or 26? SOHH #5, the great Wrightson Jack 'o Lantern cover? Or Unexpected, or Dark Manson or.....I could go on and on. But is there just ONE that sticks out above the rest for you? What is it and why?

This is one of my favorites, and to me it sticks out above the rest due to great composition and the greytone cover. The vast majority of copies I've owned of this book have the right edge of the comics code cutoff, and I've seen some where the second "8" in the issue number was also cutoff. The various 20-cent Wrightson HoS, HoM covers are also great...so many choices!

hos88.jpg

By the way...

Did anyone see what "drbanner" did to the poor slob on that HOS #81?

I nearly fell out of my chair.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Bummed I didn't win this, but I tried!! I was heading out out of town and knew I couldn't snipe it, so I placed what I thought was a Whale Bid (it was about double the current bid) but my hopes and dreams were squashed as Serpi's Blue Whale Bid revealed mine to really be a pathetic Jonah Bid. flamed.gif

I got a big scan from the seller, and it sure looked nicer than Heritage's 9.4, with white pages to boot! There was one other 9.2 copy sold previously for about the same price. Oh well...maybe after the crash I'll be able to get a 9.4 for what, like $25? 27_laughing.gif

On a more encouraging note, the HoS 82 arrived and it's real nice, well-centered with good color and no writing, stamps, etc.,. That one had been on my want list for a long time...but no more! thumbsup2.gif

Hey banner, that's one of the nicest 88's I've seen. You're right, in that most of the copies I've seen are "cut-off" on the right side. That issue, along with 105 are probably my favorite HOS covers.

greggy, what was the final bid on that book?

Too much for a 9.2 gossip.gif

I don't know why but it seems to me the first 4 issues seem easier to come by than issue 6-12. I love the bright colors on that cover, too.

OK, since no one will tell me, I'll become a STALKER and see's greggy's winning auctions foreheadslap.gif (see Bonds25 thread for reference)

I don't know why but it seems to me the first 4 issues seem easier to come by than issue 6-12. I love the bright colors on that cover, too.

OK, since no one will tell me, I'll become a STALKER and see's greggy's winning auctions foreheadslap.gif (see Bonds25 thread for reference)

tongue.gif

Since nobody else has brought up this topic yet, I may as well start:

What's everybody's opinion of the latest CBM with the Horriffic #1 cover? This issue of CBM appears to be devoted entirely to the horror genre. Covers everything from GA horror through to BA horror with separate full page full colour cover spreads for books such as: Tomb of Terror #15, Strange Tales #16, Spellbound #4, Black Cat #50, Horriffic #7, Weird Mysteries #4, DC 100 Page SS #4, Weird Mystery Tales #1, etc.

If you are a horror fan, you are going to have to take a look at this mag. 893applaud-thumb.gif

tongue.gif

What about No.5? confused.gif

Ok to give this thread a bit of a boost, let me ask a question for you all to think about.

Have there ever been any horrror pedigrees?

Not major ones but just any pedigree.

Northford is a pre-code horror pedigree! acclaim.gif