• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Sweet HOS, attack of the killer house pets! insane.gif
Wrightson cover! cloud9.gif

I think the grade is 8.0 so sell it to me for 5 bucks? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Fine. 10 bucks? confused.gif

Paid $16 - Graded VF/NM by the seller! sign-rantpost.gif

Is he buying ALL horror books? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, considering he just got HOM 184 CGC 9.6 at the vault for $1k, and then just bought the nickkat "9.8" copy last week, AND bought another HOM 193 for $300+, I say he is hoarding HOM big time. I see him buy other DC horror, but his obsession (as is mine) is on the late silver/early bronze HOM.

Since it's hard to find some love for Marvel horror in this thread (and probably rightly so), I thought I'd post this gem of many I received in a group of Marvel horror today...... smirk.gif

Where Monsters Dwell #17 - Great Gil Kane cover!

dwell17.jpg

Jim

Deathlok - I love to read these books! It's why I still collect. I curl up in bed a couple nights a week with horror comics before I drift off to sleep. sleeping.gif I'm not a grade-hound, I just want to own and read every horror comic ever! cloud9.gif I don't even own any slabbed horror books because, well... I'd have to crack 'em to read, and then what would the point of the slab be? Maybe some day though... smirk.gif

thanks deathlok, that issue is bumped up on my list now, thats a beautiful example of kaluta art & great cover too.

Greggy - i have 4 hos 135's ranging from VG-NM. (if you want one BOC, PM me!) Back in the late 80's when i put my first collection of these together, the most i spent on any book other than hos92 was about $24 for a NM hom174, everything was cheap then. it was still harder to find high grade then, but when you did it never cost anything. I had to sell the collection in '94 or so when i left home. frown.gif books i never tracked down back then in NM are weird war #1, HOM175,179,190,236 HOS81, UNEX 113-118...

Since it's hard to find some love for Marvel horror in this thread (and probably rightly so), I thought I'd post this gem of many I received in a group of Marvel horror today...... smirk.gif

awe4one, that is a great book!

I cut my teeth on these books as they were my first intro into the horror/monster genre. DC books came quickly after and took over, but some of those Marvels had pretty scary stories also. They also introduced and continued the tales of some great characters such as Man Thing, WWBN, The Living Mummy, Man Wolf & Morbius.

Perhaps it is time for some Marvel BH to represent!

Does anyone remember Doctor Druid?!?