• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

See here

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=commag&Number=562027&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=4

Cover: Berni Wrightson/frontispiece: Michael Kaluta/titlepage: Kenneth Smith/back cover: Bob Juanillo (1970) [edited: Richard L. Jennings]

The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow [adapted: Jeff Jones; illustrated: Jeff Jones; Alan Weiss & Berni Wrightson] 11p from the story by Washington Irving

exorcist.jpg

Did the Classic Horror Flick Haunt More Than Just the Audience?

Premieres: Aug. 15, 8 p.m.

Encores: Aug. 17, 8 p.m.

When The Exorcist was released late in 1973, it sparked a visceral reaction from the public--literally. There were reports of people vomiting from the fright of a story about a young girl possessed by a demon.

The movie went on to become a massive hit, but few of those who flocked to the film knew about its grueling, nearly yearlong shoot or the tragedies that befell some of the cast and crew. Misfortune also followed the movie's sequels, leading some to wonder: Was there a curse on The Exorcist?

As its prequel, Exorcist: The Beginning, makes its way to theaters, E! delves into the mystery with a new E! True Hollywood Story, premiering Aug. 15 at 8 p.m. We go behind the scenes of the controversial film and reveal just why some believe the movie was cursed.

Whether you buy into curses or not, one thing is indisputable: The filming of The Exorcist was tough on all concerned. From a director who liked to startle his cast to a 12-year-old actress spouting some truly disturbing dialogue to the infamous "pea soup" scene, few escaped the production unscathed.

Subsequent Exorcist films had their share of bad luck as well--although many critics believe that's a result of questionable filmmaking more than any curse. Still, the mystery surrounding the films remains.

Thanks for the tip... shiverbones' site is awesome... all those wonderful covers... thumbsup2.gif

(personal favorites are the TOD, WBN crossovers)

Looked at http://www.comics.org/

Still can't find a list of Stunt-Master appearances confused.gif

(Only know about Daredevil 58/64 and Ghost Rider 7... also heard he was in Avengers)

Thanks Norrin!

The poltergeist set was a mess! and so many of the actors died. I think it was 4 between 1 &2 , though to be fair that "god is in his holy temple" guy was pretty old & fragile....

That dude gave me a major case of the creeps.

570718-kane.jpg

Let...Me... IN!

shocked.gif

570718-kane.jpg.02ef122823d9df4aa89bde40de55daae.jpg

Seriously, me too! The 1st poltergeist actually did scare me when it came out. A lot. I'd say that & salem's lot were my 2 big scares as a kid. I haven't seen P2 since it was new, but i should watch it again....

Salem's Lot...

Who ain't scared of this?

1979_salems_lot.jpgshocked.gif

I believe something similar happened on the "Poltergeist" set as well...

I know "Twilight Zone the Movie" had the helicopter tragedy that killed actor Vic Marrow (sp?) and two child actors. And of course don't forget Brandon Lee in The Crow but that's drifting into Bruce Lee's curse territory tongue.gif