• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Yep! The discussion was in one of your own threads

blush.gif I remember now. I fear I was in the heat of compiling the various Charlton and DC titles etc and it just passed me by. Regardless, a really nice piece of art and a bargain price, IMO.

I'm curious: where are those Grell drawings from? I'd guess an EC fanzine of the 1970s, but I have the Squa Tronts and don't recall anything by Grell in those. Also, I don't recall him being a fan artist before he broke in to the pros... so what gives?

I'm curious: where are those Grell drawings from? I'd guess an EC fanzine of the 1970s, but I have the Squa Tronts and don't recall anything by Grell in those. Also, I don't recall him being a fan artist before he broke in to the pros... so what gives?

I'm afraid it's nothing so interesting....

http://www.catskillcomics.com/grell.htm

I stumbled into my local comic store..."Heroes Aren't Hard to Find" for more bags 'n boards. I talked to the shop employee (not the owner), and finally dug down into some of the books they had there. I picked up Dead of Night #5 for $10, which I graded at NM-. It was a very refreshing experience---you know--being able to put the book into your hands, examine the book first hand. Very nice experience. I also saw a NM- copy of Chambers of Darkness #2 (love that Romita Sr cover)--but couldn't bring myself to pay $35 for the copy.

For those fed up with the eBay experience, pay a visit to your local comic store. I plan on going back for more deals, and save myself the "mystery" factor in the received merchandise from questionable grading from sellers.

BTW, I asked about any HOM or HOS....the guy goes out to the back of the store and comes back with some very well read HOM issues. Shiverbones---I did see the first I Vampire issue but it was about a 5.5. Not one Ghosts, Unexpected, or Witching Hour. I did see quite a few Silver Age Challengers from the Unknown. Might pick up some copies there soon.

thumbsup2.gif

My son is scanning my returned CGC books; hopefully more scans later this week 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

For those wondering, my mom has benefited greatly from my first wave of auctions. I have about another ten grand to go and I believe I can stop the bleeding (ie my selling). And it's a good thing, I'm getting down to the bone.

I'll also be selling my Golden Age horror/sci fi for 2 for $20 starting price--a good two boxes...and then on to my Weird War Tales...

I had a great LCS in NJ and 2 years ago bought a near run of Weird war from 70-124 in NM for $1.25 a piece! same with weird western. They have a 50% off sale now and then, and they were all tagged $2.50. Sadly my LCS in LA are no where near as good... frown.gif

Still need a ghosts #65 & Weird War #6, an Unexpected or 2 as well 893frustrated.gif

Still don't have a HOM290 above FVF 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

thanks for thinking of me though!

For those wondering, my mom has benefited greatly from my first wave of auctions. I have about another ten grand to go and I believe I can stop the bleeding (ie my selling). And it's a good thing, I'm getting down to the bone.

893applaud-thumb.gif

This is a book that my sister and I had read when we were kids and it scared the cr@p out of us. We used to buy comics when we were visiting our grandparents out in the country and ended up reading this one night.

The lead story involves several people who conjure up the devil. He appears outside and kills one of the group when they go outside. The others take comfort in the fact that they know three things about the devil: He can’t come in unless they open the door for him, he will leave the earth at dawn and he only has one eye. With that in mind they just have to stay in the house until dawn and not let anyone (or anything) in the door. Well…as we all know, things never go that smoothly. I swear, I STILL think about this story now and again. 583715-dmpg.jpg

583715-dmpg.jpg.bd3e5d57ad1d40bd4ded50d97b0e2e2d.jpg

Edited by 143ksk