• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,922 posts in this topic

I am finally back in new orleans! I am very sleepy...

Hey Sterling - The Weird war issues consistantly sold for higher multiples in bobcat auctions then straight horror.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yay.gif

Hey Sterling - The Weird war issues consistantly sold for higher multiples in bobcat auctions then straight horror.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm glad you're safe, shiv.

Go get some rest.

crazy.gif

Hey Sterling - The Weird war issues consistantly sold for higher multiples in bobcat Auctions"]Auctions[/url]"][url="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=Auctions"]auctions[/url][/url] then straight horror.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's my point--those issues were raw (and everyone loves Bob's grading). If this were "joe" seller I somehow doubt that returns would be much better if they were CGC'd. OS needs a reboot button on these series--highly undervalued.

Here's a sweet trio of HTF Charlton horror issues for your Saturday evening viewing pleasure...

Scary Tales #46 cloud9.gif

scarytales46-fsm.jpg

Ghostly Tales #169 cloud9.gif

ghostlytales169-fsm.jpg

Ghostly Haunts #58 cloud9.gif

ghostlyhaunts58-fsm.jpg

Is it just me, or is it mind-numbingly, incredibly difficult to find these low print run Charltons, in any condition at all!?!?!?!?

I kinda felt bad, because I was at the Birmingham comic store Capn' Comics and I actually found about 6 of these issues. Because I'm still coming down from my "high grade high" I neglected to buy them. Probaby a good thing anyway, as they were wanting $25 for VF- grade issue.... 893frustrated.gif

Probaby a good thing anyway, as they were wanting $25 for VF- grade issue.... 893frustrated.gif

Really? Is this the current going rate at the LCS? You can still get them cheap on eBay if you snoop around enough... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Oh yeah! (Kool Aid crashes through the wall)

This LCS was overpriced, had no concept of grading (they had a G/VG Copper Age issue of Ghosts for "only" $4, and a $1 grab bag of issues you can have for .25 at any con (1990s stuff). In fact 90% of their inventory in that store was 1990s... sorry.gif

I'll take my chances on spotty grading on eBay before I succumb to those prices.

Which issues? The last issues, or some of the other "low print run" issues?

I claim ignorance. They were basically some 15/20 cent issues, and some 60 cent issues. I remember the covers so I will peruse and post.

Oh, well that's different then. The three that I posted are the last issues of each of those titles. They are noted in OPG as "low print run". Typical of most titles that taper off and die, you'd expect that last issues have among the lowest print runs of the title, however the notation in OPG makes me think that these issues are particularly scarce.

I'll post a few other issues that preceded these but that are also notated as low print run issues. I'd like to upgrade these but haven't come across any better copies...

They are noted in OPG as "low print run". Typical of most titles that taper off and die, you'd expect that last issues have among the lowest print runs of the title, however the notation in OPG makes me think that these issues are particularly scarce.

Difficult? Maybe. But they are out there. Maybe I've been lucky but I've been able to get the last issues on eBay recently for relatively cheap. In fact, I scored very nice copies of ST #46 and Ghostly Tales #169 for about a buck apiece on eBay a month or so ago. And those weren't the only copies I'd come across over the last 4 months or so... confused-smiley-013.gif

And just today I hit the BIN on this low print run lot. So they turn up with a little extra searching.

Jim