• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Welcome back greggy!

Hey OF, I'll dig that scan back out tonight! Thanks for being a good sport.... yay.gif

No problem. All's fair in love and comics. I think I may have found a pair for myself anyways (posted a scan in "Comic related non-comic "things you have"!"). They aren't as nice as yours if I remember correctly, but they don't seem to come up for sale too often so I think I will buy them. thumbsup2.gif

I know it'll be seen as blasphemy...but showing off DCs is starting to get old. So I'll give them a break

I hate you. HATE you. First it was DC BA Horror. THEN Charlton. NOW i have to start looking for Red Circle? Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

Dang you! Dang you to HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin.gif

and that is NOT an UNEXPECTED #120. mad.gif

Edited by povertyrow

Posting just because Shivs says that this one is "tougher"!

606250-Ghosts107.jpg

Bah...that's not tough...I recently got a NM (and it was) from MH for $3. tongue.gif

Jim

mad.gif

I know it'll be seen as blasphemy...but showing off DCs is starting to get old. So I'll give them a break

I hate you. HATE you. First it was DC BA Horror. THEN Charlton. NOW i have to start looking for Red Circle? Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

Dang you! Dang you to HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin.gif

and that is NOT an UNEXPECTED #120. mad.gif

Not to fret Pov, as there are only those three issues of Madhouse that are Horror Issues; 95, 96 & 97. The title then reverts to humor.

But then there's always "Chilling Adventures In Socery" to collect also... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif

Posting just because Shivs says that this one is "tougher"!

606250-Ghosts107.jpg

Bah...that's not tough...I recently got a NM (and it was) from MH for $3. tongue.gif

Jim

Actually I'm kind of fond of this cover! The only thing that I think would have made it better is if Kubert "blended" the borders between King/Clown/Monkey instead of using those straight lines. thumbsup2.gif

Not to fret Pov, as there are only those three issues of Madhouse that are Horror Issues; 95, 96 & 97. The title then reverts to humor.

But then there's always "Chilling Adventures In Socery" to collect also... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif

Yep...other than the Atlas/Seaboard horror titles, Red Circle is the quickest way of getting a complete horror collection from a publisher. grin.gif

Jim

Yep...other than the Atlas/Seaboard horror titles, Red Circle is the quickest way of getting a complete horror collection from a publisher. grin.gif

Jim

also the cheapest way to get a collection. The Red Circle horror books hardly sell for more than a few dollars.

Ghosts 108 was recently offered by gicomics on eBay as a CGC 9.6. Didn't jump on it, but someone else did! Shiver, I got Ghosts 105 during my subscription--needless to say the book was FN/VF by the time it got to my door! foreheadslap.gif

I remember the story being awesome though!

also the cheapest way to get a collection. The Red Circle horror books hardly sell for more than a few dollars.

Not for too much longer I fear as these books are generating interest among collectors. Especially the first two issues of "Chilling Adventures in Sorcery" as told by Sabrina. OPG has them at $50 and $25.

Not for too much longer I fear as these books are generating interest among collectors. Especially the first two issues of "Chilling Adventures in Sorcery" as told by Sabrina. OPG has them at $50 and $25.

Even so, I doubt they garner much interest in general. Still much, much cheaper than putting together a run of HOS or HOM in the same grade.

Even so, I doubt they garner much interest in general. Still much, much cheaper than putting together a run of HOS or HOM in the same grade.

Agreed, but to horror collectors who are newly exposed to these Red Circle titles finding they can obtain fairly HG copies for much less than the "House" books, I believe demand will increase hence prices will rise.

Agreed, but to horror collectors who are newly exposed to these Red Circle titles finding they can obtain fairly HG copies for much less than the "House" books, I believe demand will increase hence prices will rise.

And how much supply do you suppose is out there? I find there a lot more HG copies of Red Circle books than I do of either HOS, HOM or even Ghosts. Although 1 and 2 don't show up as often, which are the valuable ones. The others are fairly common in HG from the ones I have seen one Ebay and at shows. If you can find HG copies of 1 and 2, those will increase in value. The rest proabably not.

Although 1 and 2 don't show up as often, which are the valuable ones. The others are fairly common in HG from the ones I have seen one Ebay and at shows. If you can find HG copies of 1 and 2, those will increase in value. The rest proabably not.

If you're talking Sorcery, I'd agree with you. On the otherhand, I've found the Madhouse issues much more difficult to find in HG.

Jim