• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Precode Keith, I would like to see your opinion on this series, maybe a future review in an issue of HCR? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

608729-Gore%20Shriek%20%23%201.jpg

Jayman - I really love this first issue! I only have one other issue from the series besides this, and it is packed with informative articles that the first lacks. The art is very good (especially the Bissette!) and for the most part the stories are intelligent enough to sometimes have moments that rival what I consider the epitome of 80's horror -Twisted Tales. hail.gif

Oh yeah, I also love the PMRC - style "Warning" tag on the cover, haha! Nothing says mid- 80's like a warning label!!! thumbsup2.gif

Hhhmmm, think I may just go track down the rest of the series...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was just flipping through a reader copy of HoM 257 and came across this ad, just had to share. Sea Monkeys, actually SUPER Sea Monkeys cloud9.gif.

You know, when I was a kid I actually thought for a long time that if I bought some of these things that they would actually look like they did in the ad, with little human-like faces and all. I believe my mom told me after years of believing this that they would look nothing like that. I never did actually buy any, but there are no other ads from the 70s that stuck to me like these did. I actually think these ads are deceptive as at the time, I think these comics were marketed towards kids and I imagine many other little ones like me also believed they would look like this. I never paid attention to the little circle on the bottom with the more realistic drawings, kids just see the fun stuff.-----Sid

609465-Monkey.jpg

609465-Monkey.jpg.16e1fa3296ec32b5235720236d539064.jpg

Have to post to this one, BassG:

Sadly, my hand of destruction killed my sister's Sea Monkeys. Actually, the evidence wasn't conclusive as all I did was just add a little more water. Very terrible time. And what the heck were they?

That Gore Shriek cover is to die for.... cloud9.gif

Jayman - I really love this first issue! I only have one other issue from the series besides this, and it is packed with informative articles that the first lacks. The art is very good (especially the Bissette!) and for the most part the stories are intelligent enough to sometimes have moments that rival what I consider the epitome of 80's horror -Twisted Tales. hail.gif

Oh yeah, I also love the PMRC - style "Warning" tag on the cover, haha! Nothing says mid- 80's like a warning label!!! thumbsup2.gif

Hhhmmm, think I may just go track down the rest of the series...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just have a smattering of Gore Shrieks also, there was also a second series. I swear one of the most disturbing stories I ever read came out of one of these issues, about a woman captured, tied up in a sack by some hill people and used as shooting practice! Brutal!

Death Rattle, Twisted Tales, Alien Encounters and don't forget Tales Of Terror!

A lot had beautiful John Bolton covers but this one is by Joe Chiodo with interior art and stories by Bolton, Bissette and, of course, Bruce Jones!

609518-Tales%20Of%20Terror%20%23%207.jpg

589a8c268246e_609518-TalesOfTerror7.jpg.68bc160211f621c4a6efec16e2dfa83b.jpg