• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

Breaking News!

Art Suydam has agreed to do an interview with me about his bronze horror work for the website! hail.gif

Anything specific anyone wants to know? yay.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Breaking News!

Art Suydam has agreed to do an interview with me about his bronze horror work for the website! hail.gif

I would like you to ask him what he thinks makes a perfect horror cover.

thumbsup2.gif

Breaking News!

How did you get him to do an interview?

Other than that, I'm sure you'll ask all the important questions.

Can't wait sounds cool!

You can ask him what his picks for the top 10 comic mags are! wink.gif

Yow! This needs its own thread.

I think I first recall seeing Suydam in Epic, though I later learned he'd done stuff for DC. To bad he never got a chance to work consistently on a regular title, at least not that I remember.

Dr Graves #75 Steve Ditko Cover

Last issue. Now a question...

This was obviously Charlton's last gasp before folding completely. I was unaware this title went over 72 issues until last year and it's taken me this long to get nice copies of each.

I'm aware of a Charlton Bullseye with the same type cover layout but did any of the other horror titles feature this layout? I'm not aware of any but I could very well be wrong...

drgraves75.jpg

Jim

Dr Graves #75 Steve Ditko Cover

Last issue. Now a question...

This was obviously Charlton's last gasp before folding completely. I was unaware this title went over 72 issues until last year and it's taken me this long to get nice copies of each.

I'm aware of a Charlton Bullseye with the same type cover layout but did any of the other horror titles feature this layout? I'm not aware of any but I could very well be wrong...

Could you be more specific in what you mean by the layout? The triangular corner and the small circular logo, I'm not clear on what you mean exactly?

Could you be more specific in what you mean by the layout? The triangular corner and the small circular logo, I'm not clear on what you mean exactly?

Here was the standard (older) layout and even this was newer than the band across the entire top edge...

gt169.jpg

The Dr Graves are the only Charltons (other than a Charlton Bullseye) that I've seen with the title logo band on the corner and the Charlton logo out in space on the right.

Were there any other Charltons with this cover layout? Specifically horror titles?

Jim

Here's something you guys will not see every day.

This is a taste of something I'm working on for the "Production Errors" thread in the Grading forum.

The photo below shows the one and only full set (C, M, Y, K) of unused backup plates for Witching Hour #72.

They are nothing less than beautiful. 893whatthe.gif

If you want the full story, keep an eye on the other thread. I have quite a presentation in the production of comic books. I hope to finish it this weekend.

I promise to have better pictures in that thread. gossip.gif

630303-witchplates.jpg

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

630303-witchplates.jpg.4002fc6cd686ef54461c6479572f1ffe.jpg