• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,924 posts in this topic

$132 is my guess; 44 books; around $3 avg - if you scan these to the size of the ones in the grading forum and call them the same grades as the ones C-n-C listed.

If you regrade them and push them up since ou consider c-n-c an undergrader, you can easily get your $225 if you call them all VFs

Hi guys. OK, you all know how much I love these books but I also love to flip 'em. This post is just about the flipping side. I found a seller on Ebay (cards-n-comics) who I just think is outstanding. I bought a complete TOD set from them not too long ago that was above expectations. This is a case of an UNDERgrader, or at least very strict and honest at the least. These guys just auctioned off some nice mid-grade bronze DC horror lots which I am thinking based off of the scans and history with this seller, to be potentially undergraded again. Now there are no "gems" here. Just a nice lot of better quality readers and issues to fill some holes of people not going for "grade".

Anyway, so I bought the four lots for what I think is pretty cheap. My thinking is that at conventions, and even individually (or in small groups of five) on Ebay that I can make out quite good with these. I know mid-grades do not sell for OS prices as this dealer has calculated out, but some collectors are still willing to pay fair amounts for nice readers to fill holes. I was just wondering on the opinions of my fellow Bronze horror brothers. Of course I'm not getting rich off of these cheapo issues, but it's still fun to play with new bronze books while at least making some nice small dollar profits. Four links below. -----Sid

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

Sweet, sweet pickups! Those do look undergraded to me. If you want to make a quick flip on some of the HOS and HOM shoot me a PM....they are right up my alley since I like F/VF DC bronze horror.

$132 is my guess; 44 books; around $3 avg - if you scan these to the size of the ones in the grading forum and call them the same grades as the ones C-n-C listed.

If you regrade them and push them up since ou consider c-n-c an undergrader, you can easily get your $225 if you call them all VFs

I'm just gonna have some fun with this. Not looking at it as some big money maker. I do feel as if some will be undergraded as my TOD lot was mostly undergraded that I already received from them. You can see by my feedback that my grading is pretty decent and I wouldn't risk my standing by overgrading just to prove a point. I also just use Ebay's own picture services since I am so computer illiterate, so the scans will just be as good as Ebay can muster (some supersized). I know these are relatively low dollar books and I only stand to earn $100-$150 or so assuming that I am right, but heck, why not? I'll let the other three lots sit and stew for a while along with all the other bronze horror stuff that I've bought recently, but this HoM lot will be a fun little excersize as an isolated flipping experience. ----Sid

hey Jay, i always considered WH#4 one of my faves of the run as well. They were really pushing dramatic perspectives on #3-5, and i Like the layout of #4 best.

The perfect cover: Witch, possible victim, tower clock reinforcing title name and a dark and stormy night. What does it for me also is that blue and purple coloring. A copy with nice cover gloss just looks so cloud9.gif

I'm scanning just a few of the books I picked up at the Dallas con.

I'll post a few at a time as I get them scanned.

(Hang on to your short shorts, Greggy.) gossip.gif

638984-wh2.jpg

638984-wh2.jpg.2063b175e3eb8c0098ff8614bfe0f56e.jpg