• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,922 posts in this topic

I love that cover too, and its still on my HG wish list.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

what isn't? sleeping.gif

Chicken [#@$%!!!].

popcorn.gif

I think instead of stuffing your face, you should be apologizing for making idiotic assertions about my supposed "shill" identity.

thumbsup2.gif Thanks Jay! Looks like I have some catching up to do... smirk.gif

Jim

You're welcome Jim. These aren't HG copies as you can see, I guess when I was a kid I always took care of the Marvels and DCs but never gave the GK books the respect they deserve. frown.gif Although I do have a HG run of UFO Flying Saucers/UFO And Outer Space (only missing that darn issue # 3) which was my favorite title.

What can I say, as a kid I liked UFO stories! yay.gif

On that note, while I was growing up (late 70's?) there was a DC horror comic which featured (a) a man shrinking and getting squished between two billiard balls; and (b) two kids getting revenge on a mean guy by making him eat worms in his sandwich. The last panel shows a gigantic worm crawling out of his deflated body. [#@$%!!!], that was a disgusting picture. Does anybody know what title/issue this was without having to take too much time to look it up?

AHA! I found the billiards story in original form. Again, it is reprinted in GHOSTS digest 17...

... here is House of Secrets 127, the original appearance of "Death on Cue"

......I don't think the worm story is from the same book, though.....

673045-scan0003.jpg

673045-scan0003.jpg.5d6cd9b1dcc2d75f7b02401f78108aee.jpg

Edited by precodekeith

OK,,, I NEED SCAN HELP!!!

I am using HP ImageZone... I DO NOT have Photoshop, and a HP psc 2110 scanner.. in order to get my scans to fit on these boards the above post is usually the biggest size I can get... and quality? eeewww!!!

Can someone help !? frustrated.gif

Try setting your scanner up with the Microsoft image/scan software. Either "Microsoft Image" or labeled be under Assessories as "Scanner and Camera Wizard". Either of these will allow you to tweak the resolution and size.

I'm sure HP ImageZone does the same but am unfamiliar with the software. I use HP Director.

Jim

I am using HP ImageZone... I DO NOT have Photoshop, and a HP psc 2110 scanner.. in order to get my scans to fit on these boards the above post is usually the biggest size I can get... and quality? eeewww!!!

673445-SantaLetter.jpg

poke2.gif

Only kidding Keith! flowerred.gif I'm not familiar with your software either but when you go to save your scan as a .jpeg you should get an option for "image quality". Set it for a lower number like 4, this has to do with the amount of compression is assigned to the .jpeg file. Basically: Larger the scan = lower the image quality to get the file under 150 mb on these boards.

673445-SantaLetter.jpg.09aad0d5e0dfa0ffb3ae3111d36c8212.jpg

screwy.gif

On that note, while I was growing up (late 70's?) there was a DC horror comic which featured (a) a man shrinking and getting squished between two billiard balls; and (b) two kids getting revenge on a mean guy by making him eat worms in his sandwich. The last panel shows a gigantic worm crawling out of his deflated body. [#@$%!!!], that was a disgusting picture. Does anybody know what title/issue this was without having to take too much time to look it up?

AHA! I found the billiards story in original form. Again, it is reprinted in GHOSTS digest 17...

... here is House of Secrets 127, the original appearance of "Death on Cue"

......I don't think the worm story is from the same book, though.....

673045-scan0003.jpg

673449-HOS127.jpg

673449-HOS127.jpg.58f134a9658f09ea62b4e8a0bd3c0034.jpg

Edited by greggy