• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,937 posts in this topic

WTF??? Where were they going with this cover? Unsettling is too tame a word to describe this...

I do agree with you but the doll with the broken face lends a slant. Without giving away too much the cover with the child and the doll is an allegory. An unpleasant one but such is horror.

OK - I will post the final frame but will provide plenty of spoiler spaces for those that do not want to know how it all ends.

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

unexp204end.jpg

I think that's the first cover I've seen in which Cardy signed his name. At least it's the first I've noticed it...

Most of Cardy's covers were un-signed. Seems like he did virtually all the DC 20 cent covers, so maybe he didn't have time to sign 'em! laugh.gif

I do remember seeing the full "Cardy" signature on several of the early (pre-#10) Witching Hour covers. A more common sig is the N-within-the-C found on the Witching Hour #32 cover later in this thread.

Hi guys. POV and I really cleaned up with these books over there at WonderCon. Prices weren't too bad either. Thing is, these books are catching on, but they have not yet been hit by the masses, mostly just us horror guys getting even more into them than we were years ago. But slowly they are catching on as the superhero guys are starting to take notice at the books we horror guys are flashing around. Anyway, I believe that is why the prices, although much higher than a year or two ago, are still very reasonable at conventions. Early 70s books in high grade are pricing up to $50 in rare cases, but usually around $30-40 for early 70s and up to $20 and as low as $5 for mid and late 70s. I noticed a few other guys checking out the Weird War books and I think the war collectors may have a possible lead on the pure horror guys right now. Anyway, I bought lots of stuff, I'll post more up within the next few days. Here's one that I know you guys will like. Looks like a 9.2 to me and going in the "to be CGCed" pile for sure. . -----Sid

729716-236.jpg

729716-236.jpg.b8050648c417f4298d5de1af7d52431d.jpg

This afternoon...don't have time now...actually I haven't really looked at your list to decide if I need anything other than the WHs...

Jim

screwy.gif

A special thank you to Pov & Sid for helping to dispel the myth that these are hard to find. A little patience & digging in the boxes is all it takes. Chronic overpayers like Greggy must be kicking themselves. foreheadslap.gif

As both shiver and I have stated, there are hills and valleys in terms of availability of horror issues-it basically boils down to publication counts and market acceptance. I'm still convinced HoM 190 is one of those HTF books. HoM 230-250 are tougher to find but not impossible.

To spare everyone the torture, I am not going to be posting anymore HoM or HoS books unless they are new acquisitions. Hopefully, I'll finish up HoM this year and I'll be able to consecutively post the books all CGC 9.0 or higher from 174-321 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Next year I will be working on completing the other titles and/or branching out more to other publishers...