• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

How much? confused-smiley-013.gif

The challenge of this series is issues #2-#14....

Hey is #6 submitted yet? poke2.gif

i second that. i have found 2 collections missing those issues, give or take very little.

omg greggy, keep it private. poke2.gif27_laughing.gif

You didn't respond to my last PM so confused-smiley-013.gif

ok, i'm sorry. i guess i should announce it here...

when i am PM'd, i may take up to 28 hours to respond.

(weekends may be longer)

(weekends may be longer)

sorry.gif

(weekends may be longer)

Thanks for answering my PM so quickly!!! poke2.gif

(weekends may be longer)

Thanks for answering my PM so quickly!!! poke2.gif

don't start trouble insane.gif

shh88rv.jpg

shh220gf.jpg

shh283cc.jpg

shh344lu.jpg

hey, not to be a tool, but it is appreciated if folks post these auctions after they have ended 893naughty-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifgossip.gif

(by me anyway, just sharing an opinion. of course this is a public forum, so do as you like)

Edited by DNAgent

hey, not to be a tool, but it is appreciated if folks post these auctions after they have ended 893naughty-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifgossip.gif

Not trying to be a tool myself...but can someone explain this mentality to me? I would think having a head's up would be appreciated. It's not like the auction is a secret. And if you think not posting them here will somehow make the final price less, I very much doubt it unless it's a comic buried in a pic...

Maybe I'm missing something...

Jim

Not trying to be a tool myself...but can someone explain this mentality to me? I would think having a head's up would be appreciated. It's not like the auction is a secret. And if you think not posting them here will somehow make the final price less, I very much doubt it unless it's a comic buried in a pic...

me, DNAgent: you very much doubt it. but, you cannot be certain, now, can you...increased exposure cannot lower final prices...but it can raise them...

Maybe I'm missing something...

Jim

ok, here is more on why it is appreciated that folks post after auctions:

auctions posted here may increase interest.

auctions not posted here cannot increase interest.

increased interest may be: people who normally would bid on such items,

seeing it here and then increasing bidding, or of course thrill bidders.

again, if auctions are not posted here, they are less likely to increase

interest or bidding.

so why not post after the auction, so then we can be certain about something (bidding/interest had little to do with posting the auction here).

this particular auction went twice on ebay with no bids (at a higher starting price).

thank you. just giving my opinion, sorry if it differs froom yours.

oh, and if you get a chance, please post any/all auctions that you may be interested in bidding on. finally, others' mentality can rarely be explained.

thumbsup2.gif

now please, back to sweet bronze horror !!!!!!!!!! (the best artwork and stories around)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so why not post after the auction, so then we can be certain about something (bidding/interest had little to do with posting the auction here).

This is a public forum...No? Maybe people like to see auctions in progress than after they have ended. In fact, there are many such examples at any one time on this Forum. This Forum should be pushing info to those that may have an interest..not after it's ended and possibly irrelevant to those possibly wanting to obtaining an item. At that point it usually becomes a "look what I got and you didn't" exercise in futility...

oh, and if you get a chance, please post any/all auctions that you may be interested in bidding on. finally, others' mentality can rarely be explained.

I will...Thanks! Because, frankly, if you think another item like this is going to fall under the radar, I fear you're greatly mistaken. I couldn't care less whether someone posts an auction I'm interested in here or anywhere else. Either I want the item at a certain price or not. I'm not wishing for a secret cabal to keep it quiet for me...

Jim

I know, it's rare, but I agree with Jim on this one. The only reason I can see that someone would be upset that an auction in progress is brought up here, is if that person was hoping to keep it a secret so that they may get a better price on it.

But since we are all pals here, I think offering a heads up to each other when a rare item comes up is a friendly gesture. I'm all for it.

Boy, I can remember seeing that Unexpected 194 on the newsstands and finding that cover to be quite frightening (I would have been 7 at the time). I thiink this must be the first time I've seen it in twenty-five years (so thanks, DNAgent!).

It's funny how looking back from today's vantage, the late 70s must represent one of the low points of DC's run...lower page counts, fewer key issues, plus many of the great artists had left or slowed their output...it seems at best to be something of a transition period. But I definitely feel tremendous nostalgia looking at those 40-cent comics and 80-page dollar comics which were on the stands when I was buying my very first comic books. The dollar comics in particular were SO tempting back then...my allowance was fifty cents a week, but for a 7-year-old it was pretty much impossible to go without buying a comic book two weeks in a row to save enough for one! I've been trying to focus my BA horror buying on the early 70s, but could easily see going down the road of collecting high-grade dollar comics... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree. My collecting habits is kinda going down the dollar comics route as well; it's akin to greggy's sweet DC 100 page collection...

I'm now just trying to complete the HoM Dollar Comics and they are TUFF! Bindery defects are common and the size aren't conducive to "standard" bags and mylars...

Jim, please contribute to the topic, and stop nitpicking on people. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Who's nitpicking? It's a legitimate question... And I've contributed quite nicely to this thread over the last year so don't make any accusations I'm just here to cause trouble. Regardless, who designated you forum police today anyway?

Jim

Jim, please contribute to the topic, and stop nitpicking on people. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Who's nitpicking? It's a legitimate question... And I've contributed quite nicely to this thread over the last year so don't make any accusations I'm just here to cause trouble. Regardless, who designated you forum police today anyway?

Jim

It is a legitimate question, but c'mon Jim, you know the answer is "Because I'm hoping this book flies under the radar so I don't have to bid against fellow forumites who will drive the price up." confused-smiley-013.gif

I rarely venture into the 35-cent variant thread, but wasn't there a big bru-ha-ha last year over this exact same scenario? Do posters in that thread point out all the variants that show up on ebay where the seller doesn't know what they have and don't include "variant" in the title or description (only the pictures show the books to be variants)? I suspect the variant collectors keep their findings under wraps until the end of the auction...I know I would! sumo.gif