• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

I still don't know what they hell they were thinking about the outer cover being 8.0...

No kidding. foreheadslap.gif

Maybe some BC flaws? The front looks 9.0/9.2 at least....

It has some very light foxing up the spine. You can see a hint in the scan.

It looks worse in the scan, but it runs around to the back cover.

Structurally, I graded it 9.2, minus what they knocked off for the foxing.

The foxing is only on the outside cover. The inside cover is bone white and clean.

It has some very light foxing up the spine. You can see a hint in the scan.

It looks worse in the scan, but it runs around to the back cover.

Structurally, I graded it 9.2, minus what they knocked off for the foxing.

The foxing is only on the outside cover. The inside cover is bone white and clean.

Ah. I thought that was ink transfer. thumbsup2.gif Still looks better than VF though.

I still don't know what they hell they were thinking about the outer cover being 8.0...

Holy [#@$%!!!]! 30 people have seen this listing and you just put it up?

BTW, you may want to ping "marlede", who bid on bobcat's books this week. If I've done my homework correctly, Mark (marlede) has written a halloween book and is quite a horror nut. He may give you $150 just by the nature of his bids...

http://www.halloweencollector.com/book/

The book kinda reminds me of shiver's work....

flowerred.gif

Where is Matthew? Anybody know how his show went? confused.gif

Hello! My show opens June 4th, I am under immense strain to get everything done in time. On top of that , everyhting else in my life has been going haywire, so I have been laying low. The end of the misery is in sight! ONE MORE MONTH! I did get some nice homs in the 240's & 260's though today..... tongue.gif

Mark is a great guy & a good friend of mine. We connected through Halloween collecting & I dare say I turned him on to horror comics. He always appreciated comics & has the EC Hardbounds, but when I started showing him bronze horror comics, he was hooked!

thanks for remembering me! cloud9.gif

Hello! My show opens June 4th, I am under immense strain to get everything done in time. On top of that , everyhting else in my life has been going haywire, so I have been laying low. The end of the misery is in sight! ONE MORE MONTH! I did get some nice homs in the 240's & 260's though today..... tongue.gif

Mark is a great guy & a good friend of mine. We connected through Halloween collecting & I dare say I turned him on to horror comics. He always appreciated comics & has the EC Hardbounds, but when I started showing him bronze horror comics, he was hooked!

thanks for remembering me! cloud9.gif

Awesome! Very exciting/exhausting time for you no doubt. When all the dust settles please PM or email me as I would love to buy one of your pieces. Cool art from an even cooler person is thumbsup2.gif

What Witching Hours would you say are uncommon i.e which issues are you having trouble to find in high grade thumbsup2.gif

I haven't purchased any WH lately; I feel stupid for selling my high grade WH a year ago--no replacements have re-surfaced.

For me, most of the 20 centers in the series I've yet to find in high gradeThere are a few of the 48 pagers that are difficult. Ironically 1-10 hasn't been a problem.

Believe it or not, I'm winding down this year's collecting-I've spent my budget for the year already. I'd really like to close it down with Unexpected #118 and some more early Ghosts I need (#6 and #7) especially.

Tell Mark hello and say THANK YOU for bidding those Witching Hours up to $70 each frustrated.gif See if you can get him to join the boards and talk about scary collectables on this thread....

Good luck on the show and I hope all of your personal stuff gets worked out. Be sure to get pics of the show and post them here!!!

Geez, I feel as if I just got back from the San Diego con. Just received the mega BA DC horror lot from Sterling, what is that a 35lb box? Chock full O' goodness I tell ya'. With a cherry (Wonder Woman 100-pager) thrown on top for dessert. Nice books including some WWTs that I'd never even seen before. Thanks Sterling, some very cool books in there. That hole left in your house when these books shipped off just filled IN a hole in my place. foreheadslap.gif

One of my favs from the lot:

810097-187.jpg

810097-187.jpg.6935308afc6b51e0ddbe217628b91928.jpg

Thanks Sid! Hearing that brings warm feelings to my heart. flowerred.gif

BTW, that book you just posted was from a guy called Nick Katradis (ebay: nickat). Spotty grading, and charged mucho buckos for his books. BEYONDER showed me the way...

Don't worry, he only sells Golden Age stuff now...

Christo_pull_hair.gif Enjoy the Weird War 7 ya jerk! tongue.gif Doesn't anyone read my sig line?

Yes, we DO, but then you say "too much" 893blahblah.gif27_laughing.gif

On CGCed stuff I do. What's the point in paying extra for the grading fees and label when I am just going to crack it out anyway? confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks Sid! Hearing that brings warm feelings to my heart. flowerred.gif

BTW, that book you just posted was from a guy called Nick Katradis (ebay: nickat). Spotty grading, and charged mucho buckos for his books. BEYONDER showed me the way...

Don't worry, he only sells Golden Age stuff now...

You bought that from Nickat? I always wanted to buy stuff from him but never got around to it. His books did go for good money. Glad I missed out now. thumbsup2.gif

You bought that from Nickat? I always wanted to buy stuff from him but never got around to it. His books did go for good money. Glad I missed out now. thumbsup2.gif

That book cost me about $70. Sid got it for like $15. frustrated.gif

The median grade I got from his books from CGC were 9.0. A DMFL book graded NM by him came back 6.5. Ahh, the naive days.... I think I had one or two books actually grade out 9.4.

news.gif

Hint: It helps to come up with an accurate grade if you remove the book from the mylar. screwy.gif

That book cost me about $70. Sid got it for like $15. frustrated.gif

The median grade I got from his books were 9.0. A DMFL book graded NM by him came back 6.5. Ahh, the naive days.... I think I had one or two books actually grade out the grade.

Hint: It helps to come up with an accurate grade if you remove the book from the mylar. screwy.gif

Ouch. Sounds spotty indeed. Buying on eBay is rough is you are only into HG. I assumed by his feedback and auction success that he was one of the good ones. The old saw about "assume" proves true once again.... tongue.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif Enjoy the Weird War 7 ya jerk! tongue.gif Doesn't anyone read my sig line?

Yes, we DO, but then you say "too much" 893blahblah.gif27_laughing.gif

On CGCed stuff I do. What's the point in paying extra for the grading fees and label when I am just going to crack it out anyway? confused-smiley-013.gif

Stop doing crack!! confused-smiley-013.gif