• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Christo_pull_hair.gif Enjoy the Weird War 7 ya jerk! tongue.gif Doesn't anyone read my sig line?

Yes, we DO, but then you say "too much" 893blahblah.gif27_laughing.gif

On CGCed stuff I do. What's the point in paying extra for the grading fees and label when I am just going to crack it out anyway? confused-smiley-013.gif

Stop doing crack!! confused-smiley-013.gif

I gotta break this habit before it breaks me!

Ouch. Sounds spotty indeed. Buying on eBay is rough is you are only into HG. I assumed by his feedback and auction success that he was one of the good ones. The old saw about "assume" proves true once again.... tongue.gif

That's one mistake I won't make again. I guess you missed out when redf1shing bought a RAW HoM 193 from nickat for about $250. Now that was freaking nuts. I'd be willing to bet the book comes back from CGC 8.5 or worse.

Ouch. Sounds spotty indeed. Buying on eBay is rough is you are only into HG. I assumed by his feedback and auction success that he was one of the good ones. The old saw about "assume" proves true once again.... tongue.gif

I guess you missed out when redf1shing bought a RAW HoM 193 from nickat for about $250.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gif Yeah, I missed that one. If you are going to drop that kind of coin why not just buy a slab? I am not up on the HG slab market, but a 9.2 or 9.4 couldn't be much more than that, could it?

BTW, I just found yet another hole of WWT in my house. After I finish selling off my GA/SA HoM/HoS (on eBay NOW!), I'll get back to another BA inventory list...

Literally FOUND?

How do you file your books? Some people just have misc. piles laying all over the place and others are completely anal. I'm pretty organized and know where everything is but I never remember what actual issues I have, so I always have to go check to see if I have something or not.

Well, I'm pretty organized--but when I had all of those books out I forgot about a pile in another box. I had a pile that I considered "CGC" and another pile for "sale"...unfortunately one pile was flagged "inconclusive"--which is the pile I'm referring to...

So, raw books--I'm a little loose (trying to get better). I treat my CGC books like Gold bars--I have extreme details, organization etc. I'll have to shoot a pic when I get back home.

That book cost me about $70. Sid got it for like $15. frustrated.gif

I paid $21 after the discount which I think is a good price for the book. $70 huh? Believe me, I've had similar purchases that ended up as big losses. We all go through that. I love buying on Ebay but usually don't trust the grades above 9.0. Most dealers are more apt to be accurate under 9.0 and less accurate over 9.0 so I can imagine that shopping for really HG on Ebay is tough. Sterl, are you going to San Diego or Chicago? That's where you'll find your HGs if that's what you are looking for. Don't expect bargains though as the informed dealers now have the HG Bronze horror in the "Mylar Boxes" and the prices reflect it.

BTW, I just found yet another hole of WWT in my house. After I finish selling off my GA/SA HoM/HoS (on eBay NOW!), I'll get back to another BA inventory list...

Literally FOUND?

How do you file your books? Some people just have misc. piles laying all over the place and others are completely anal. I'm pretty organized and know where everything is but I never remember what actual issues I have, so I always have to go check to see if I have something or not.

How many books do you guys have? People always talk about how they came across a longbox they hadn't seen in 10 years or something like that. I only have about 1,500-2,00 books, so I pretty much know exactly what I have and where it is.

How many books do you guys have? People always talk about how they came across a longbox they hadn't seen in 10 years or something like that. I only have about 1,500-2,00 books, so I pretty much know exactly what I have and where it is.

Geez, I've never counted, but as I sit here right now I count 35 stuffed long boxes. About seven are BA Horror with 4-5 being DCs.

Literally FOUND?

I have less than 1,000 total comics, with about half being horror.

I like to keep it lean and organized.

Back in the old days, I had a room full of longboxes and could never find anything.

Then again...it was sorta fun running across books you forgot you had. crazy.gif

Literally FOUND?

I have less than 1,000 total comics, with about half being horror.

I like to keep it lean and organized.

Back in the old days, I had a room full of longboxes and could never find anything.

Then again...it was sorta fun running across books you forgot you had. crazy.gif

I have more than you!

Greggy, from what I remember you said that you live in a very small apartment, like 700 sqf or something. With as many comics as you have in that small space you could probably consider them your roommate. I hope they pay rent. tongue.gif

Sid,

Sorry about that--guessing the price out of the top of my head. I had at the peak probably around 4,000 books but I'm well on my way to a slim and trim collection. I just sold 50 TOD books for $100 tonight---just $2 a piece! Oh, another naive story--I bought these "NM/M" from Chucky. 27_laughing.gif

Next stop--Valiant Pre-Unity books devil.gif

I'm guessing 12 boxes x 30 books = 360 CGC books. I've probably bought over 700 CGC books over the past three years...at one time I had 25% of ASM vol1 in CGC 9.4 or higher... (mostly 20-200). Absolutely no challenge. I could've gone through a drive thru to get my ASM collection...it's much more fun to collect these mystery books!

I was planning to go to SF this year, but I'm backing out because this will effectively be a "transition" year for me..clean up my stuff, grade the good stuff, sell off duplicates, etc. If everything goes well I'll definitely be there next year. I've been treated very well by other online HG sellers so the desire to go out there just seems like a touch too much right now tongue.gif

I will be going to the local Charlotte Heroes Convention but I'm not expecting big things. I'll be going to more or less hang out with the local CGC board members and talk comics. cloud9.gif

Greggy, from what I remember you said that you live in a very small apartment, like 700 sqf or something. With as many comics as you have in that small space you could probably consider them your roommate. I hope they pay rent. tongue.gif

greggy, post a pic of those sweet DC stacks!!!

Nah...I don't people to think of me as a pack rat.

Maybe one day!

Greggy, remember who you are talking to. You think any of us don't understand "packratting" comics?

Sid,

Sorry about that--guessing the price out of the top of my head. I had at the peak probably around 4,000 books but I'm well on my way to a slim and trim collection. I just sold 50 TOD books for $100 tonight---just $2 a piece! Oh, another naive story--I bought these "NM/M" from Chucky. 27_laughing.gif

Next stop--Valiant Pre-Unity books devil.gif

I'm guessing 12 boxes x 30 books = 360 CGC books. I've probably bought over 700 CGC books over the past three years...at one time I had 25% of ASM vol1 in CGC 9.4 or higher... (mostly 20-200). Absolutely no challenge. I could've gone through a drive thru to get my ASM collection...it's much more fun to collect these mystery books!

I was planning to go to SF this year, but I'm backing out because this will effectively be a "transition" year for me..clean up my stuff, grade the good stuff, sell off duplicates, etc. If everything goes well I'll definitely be there next year. I've been treated very well by other online HG sellers so the desire to go out there just seems like a touch too much right now tongue.gif

I will be going to the local Charlotte Heroes Convention but I'm not expecting big things. I'll be going to more or less hang out with the local CGC board members and talk comics. cloud9.gif

hope you hang around longer at Heroes than you did at that one day thingy the other week!

the kid's adorable, but for the love of Pete, leave him at home this time! poke2.gif

hope you hang around longer at Heroes than you did at that one day thingy the other week!

the kid's adorable, but for the love of Pete, leave him at home this time! poke2.gif

Oh yeah, that's a guarantee. The first time I went to a con was in 2002, and Parker was with me then--except he was a baby in a stroller tongue.gif

I went knowing I wasn't going to stay long. I will be at Heroes opening day--can't stand the crowds. BTW, my wife might be lurking... 893naughty-thumb.gif

I only have 1,230 DC horror books (including WWT but not including Swamp Thing and a few issues here and there in other titles)