• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Finally. A book you don't see every day.

Unless you own a copy, and look at it...every day. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yay.gif

815777-wm14.jpg

NO you don't screwy.gif

I sold my WMT #14 9.2 copy last year...still have my 9.4 copy cloud9.gif Those other WH issues you posted Dice are difficult to find...as I indicated before my biggest gap in HG issues are those twenty centers.

96890034.jpg

Cool cover! Didn't someone post the OA to this awhile ago?

I got it along with the covers to Weird Mystery 8 and HOS 110 in a deal earlier this year. The latter two are at the framer getting the archival treatment. Once I have them up in my home office, I'll post a pic.

The Ghosts 42 is just in my portfolio until I find some space for it. frown.gif

Nice to see Deathlok is still lurking...ok, without further delay...my latest CGC submission...

I think you owe DL an apology. The lone dissenting vote was mine.

Frankly, I think I've seen enough DCs for awhile. I doubt there isn't a DC that hasn't been posted here repeatedly. Normally I wouldn't have said anything but since you asked...

Jim

That's cool. I won't post anything else here. I know I've been overdoing it. I'll let the thread's fate be decided by other contributors. Time to pass the torch anyway.

Later hi.gif

BTW, this thread was collecting dust until I contributed, so maybe it is time to let this thread die. I appreciated the opportunity this thread has allowed me to share my excitement of BA Horror.

Apology for what? confused-smiley-013.gif

That's cool. I won't post anything else here. I know I've been overdoing it. I'll let the thread's fate be decided by other contributors. Time to pass the torch anyway.

Later hi.gif

BTW, this thread was collecting dust until I contributed, so maybe it is time to let this thread die.

Stop being a Drama Queen. We didn't believe you when you said you were done buying for the year & we ain't believing this crybaby "won't post anything else here" routine. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Infinite horror is the 2nd best thread around here. A distant 2nd to the babe test. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That wasn't the intent of my response. I basically feel like I've done what I can for this thread, and I want others to feel free to contribute to this thread in new and exciting ways. This thead has been my baby, but I feel it's time to let the thread grow up. Jim's right--this thread is stifling with all of the hardcore DC posters like myself. I challenge everyone to step up and continue to make this thread remain relevant. I'll chime in but in more of a summary fashion. That was the point of the poll anyway--I've been thinking about this for a while. My previous post was harsh but the point was I want to allow this thread to grow in other areas. My presence threatens that growth.

I will always call this thread my "home", but I feel I need to lease the property to another "host" if you will. Cain...Abel...?

I've always wanted to hang around the babe test more anyway headbang.gif

Being relatively new to the boards I was a casual observer for quite a while before making my first post. I can honestly say as a relative newcomer that I have enjoyed this thread the most. being a horror fan. I looked forward to Sterlings post as well as many of you regular conributors.

It has been a pleasant disruption to my cumbersome work day. I hope to continue so see the friendly banter as well as informative insight that many have shared. I dont see it as a DC or Marvel thing, just an awesome forum for horror comics.Just thought I would chime in and share my oppinion. 893blahblah.gif

Since we already did the top 5 favorite issues, how about the top 5 worst BA horror books. I guess we'd have to specify DCs & Marvels since Charlton would probably have 45 of the 1st 50. frown.gif

I'd have to nominate HOM 269 (I think that's the right number) that has a tremendously gay heavy metal KISS ripoff. They were dying for "I Vampire" at that point.

HoM between the 100 Page Super Spectaculars and Dollar Comics, say the 240s, was pretty lame.

Remember the 'surfer cover?' boo.gif

791_4_247.jpg

the 'whaler cover?' yeahok.gif

791_4_250.jpg

Edited by Zonker

I guess we'd have to specify DCs & Marvels since Charlton would probably have 45 of the 1st 50. frown.gif

Charlton wasn't that bad... tongue.gif

But I'll have to admit this is probably the worst cover I've ever seen on a horror title from any publisher... 893whatthe.gif

st40.jpg

Jim

I guess we'd have to specify DCs & Marvels since Charlton would probably have 45 of the 1st 50. frown.gif

Charlton wasn't that bad... tongue.gif

But I'll have to admit this is probably the worst cover I've ever seen on a horror title from any publisher... 893whatthe.gif

st40.jpg

Jim

That cover is truly a horror. The guy's left leg is just plain awful. I like the Man-at-Arms-ish sidekick. insane.gif

Here are some Marvels to balance out all you DC freaks. I'm sure some have been posted before. Who cares.

First Howard the Duck:

fear19-85.jpg

First Morbius in Fear

fear20-85.jpg

Just a cool Marvel BA horror cover

fear22-75.jpg

Minor key featuring the "Death" of Dracula

frank9-75.jpg

A couple more Frankensteins

frank10-65.jpg

frank12-75.jpg

First full app. of Son of Satan

gr2-80.jpg

Gotta love those red Ghost Rider covers

gr4-80.jpg

I don't know what's scarier, the story in this comic or the QP:

gscrea1-60.jpg

Love this TOD cover:

tod2-60.jpg

There's something to be said for the picturebox era. "What do we do with witc. . . er vampires? BURN THEM!"

tod5-30.jpg

Gee, I'm sure this has never been posted here before

tod10-70.jpg

Part 1 of the Dracula vs. Werewolf cross-over with WWBN#15 yay.gif

tod18-85.jpg

Blade finds out he's immune from Dracula's bite in this one

tod19-92.jpg

If I ever start a "helicopter covers" collection, I'm starting with this one but I'll probably skip that issue of "Scary Tales" on the prior page of this thread.

tod20-85.jpg

tod21-85.jpg

Classic Dracula cover! cloud9.gif

tod24-92.jpg

The Werewolf is gonna getcha!

wwbn12-90.jpg

Werewolf vs. Dracula -- every horror fanboy's dream, plus a new WWBN origin yay.gif

WWBN15-85.jpg

Just a sweet copy of a sweet book

wwbn16-92.jpg

And again.

wwbn17-85.jpg

And let's close with a DC just because I've got it lying around:

witch41-85.jpg

tod20-85.jpg

wooden bullets. oh yeah, that's totally plausible. look, i can buy dracula in an off-the-rack blue suit, brown dress shoes, and a pointy red satin cape, but wooden bullets is a stretch i cannot abide

tod20-85.jpg

wooden bullets. oh yeah, that's totally plausible. look, i can buy dracula in an off-the-rack blue suit, brown dress shoes, and a pointy red satin cape, but wooden bullets is a stretch i cannot abide

Maybe the writer of the cover copy on this issue got paid in wooden nickels? confused-smiley-013.gif