• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

wtg (Way to go!) Charlton!

I'll save you the trouble...

817164-st40.jpg

Wow, that's awesome!! I really like the unique color inversion process, never seen that before! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice books Scott, I especially like the Frankenstein Monsters. You should get a new scanner though, it makes your books look tanned and lifeless. frown.gif

It IS a new scanner (relatively). And it's a good one. I just don't know how to monkey with the colors/contrast/etc. yet to make the scans look right. Christo_pull_hair.gif Those books are smoking in hand. They look like they just came off the rack. Blinding colors and gloss and pages that smell exactly the way they did on the newsstand. They spent 30 years inside of airtight metal cannisters in a storage facility.

wooden bullets. oh yeah, that's totally plausible. look, i can buy dracula in an off-the-rack blue suit, brown dress shoes, and a pointy red satin cape, but wooden bullets is a stretch i cannot abide

Ever hear of ironwood? makepoint.gif

Wooden bullets were used in WWII

not sure my pithy comment warranted the hammer.

yeah, i read the link. saw a lot of anecdotal evidence. did some internet research - hey, if it's good enough for the SCOTUS, it's good enough for me - and found information indicating wooden bullets are real, but lack the mass necessary to satisfactorily penetrate the skin.

either way, the concept of shooting a vampire with a gun full of wooden bullets is just silly. silver nitrate grenades or even a bucket full of holy water - just dump it over Lord Dracul's head for the luvva Pete - would have been a million times better, albeit less dramatic

I just received several high grade Withing Hour from Metropolis. After waiting 3 weeks to get them I am dissappointed. All were overgraded. This is what it broke down to.

their grade actual grade

WH 3- 9.2 5.5 - It had a tear on front cover and a tear on back cover

WH 4- 9.4 9.0

WH 6- 9.4 9.0

WH 7- 9.2 8.5 big miswrap

WH 8-9.2 8.0/7.0 Way too many color breaks on spine

I just sent back the 3 and 8 today. I was so excited when they arrived as I wanted to get issues 1-10 this year in high grade and now I am no where closer than before my order. Has any one else had this experience with Metro. as I was going to order more books from them but now I doubt it.

Well the 3 books I posted above were all from Metro, as far as their grading goes, they were right on. This is the first time I had a glitch with shipping as it took almost 5 weeks before I finally got them. The only disappointing part was there was additional book I ordered (at a great price) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif that somehow did not arrive, but I did receive a refund.

Well the 3 books I posted above were all from Metro, as far as their grading goes, they were right on. This is the first time I had a glitch with shipping as it took almost 5 weeks before I finally got them. The only disappointing part was there was additional book I ordered (at a great price) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif that somehow did not arrive, but I did receive a refund.

What were the grades/prices (if you don't mind) on your books?

I was disappointed last time I ordered from them as well, but they've always sort of been hit or miss with high grade bronze for me. I'm much more confident buying low to mid-grade GA from them, but I'm not nearly as picky on the grade on those kinds of books.

No problem,

HOM #185 - NM - $70

HOM #197 - NM - $70 my guess is more like a NM-

WH #37 - NM- - $20 my guess closer to a NM

I've never dealt with Metro or any of the big-time mail order services before. But I've always been curious about if these guys pay enough attention and give enough time to do a thorough grading job on the $100 and less books as they do on their multi-thousand $ books. Do the largest of the dealers provide the same quality of service on all books regardless of value and condition? I've always been curious about that. confused-smiley-013.gif