• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

BassGman, if you have a copy of SOHH #39 in NM or NM+ for sale, let's talk.

Sterling, unfortunately that copy that I scanned a few pages back was about an 8.5. Several spine nicks on that one. Interesting how they stole the TOD Drac.

Oh no! I don't want competition at the bottom feeder level! 893whatthe.gif

Fact is, you are getting good at getting NICE books at a bottom-feeder level. I applaud you sir. 893applaud-thumb.gif

..and your grading so far in the contest is impressive. hail.gif

Sterling, unfortunately that copy that I scanned a few pages back was about an 8.5. Several spine nicks on that one. Interesting how they stole the TOD Drac.

frown.gif

frown.gif

Geez, I just looked at that scan on the last page, looks Waaaay better in the scan than it really is. Surprising how so many defects can just disappear in a cheap scan. There are about eight small creases in the spine and one big one, all you can really see is the big one that looks like a little chunk missing.

Fact is, you are getting good at getting NICE books at a bottom-feeder level. I applaud you sir. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks. flowerred.gif Not bad for a guy who has never subbed a book. The last one was damn tough though. I will say that the OGG is a great resource. If you have it check out the Adventure 40 on page 240....very similar to the Batman 49.

Thanks. flowerred.gif Not bad for a guy who has never subbed a book. The last one was damn tough though. I will say that the OGG is a great resource. If you have it check out the Adventure 40 on page 240....very similar to the Batman 49.

Yeah, got the book. Probably need to reference it when grading the books but what fun would that be? 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, got the book. Probably need to reference it when grading the books but what fun would that be? 27_laughing.gif

No fun for me! I am in it for the glory and the prize! sumo.gif

Someone is going to get a sweet book.

And pay a terrible exchange rate as well...

Jim

What if the winner is a Brit? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Then all is well in the world and another sweet comic remains outside the US...

Jim

Anyone else in love with this cover? Census says this is the only 9.6 and there is also a 9.8 out there somewhere:

Vault Auction

One of my favorite covers of the run (along with 95, 106 and 110). I would love to find a copy with a bone white cover and spine, but tanning always seems to be a problem with issues around that time.

And pay a terrible exchange rate as well...

Jim

What if the winner is a Brit? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Then all is well in the world and another sweet comic remains outside the US...

Jim

We need someone who can rectify that situation.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

828430-MIA.jpg

828430-MIA.jpg.47e7faf417491003e3cc841911eae966.jpg

Edited by Weird

One of my favorite covers of the run (along with 95, 106 and 110). I would love to find a copy with a bone white cover and spine, but tanning always seems to be a problem with issues around that time.

95? Really? That's one of my sleeping.gif

Good point on the tanning - the 52-page DC's from this time do seem to have more than their fare share of deteriorating covers/pages. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif