• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,922 posts in this topic

I've seen him pay WAY OVER guide. I'm talking wacko prices......... screwy.gif

Like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6537049821

That's more like it. grin.gifforeheadslap.gif

Yeah but when Marty puts some books up for auction they usually are sweet, tight graded copies! cloud9.gif

Not the Witching Hour 38 that I returned and got relisted! screwy.gif

Like this?

Yeah but when Marty puts some books up for auction they usually are sweet, tight graded copies! cloud9.gif

Bummer! I'll let you know how my books rate when they come in.

Like this?

Bummer! I'll let you know how my books rate when they come in.

Yeah...he "missed" the 2 creases on the back cover! screwy.gif

OK, just spotted this newly listed BIN lot on Ebay. Terrible scan, excellent feedback from a long time Ebay account. Couldn't wait to ask questions. Had to jump, quick.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6539323683&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

So, am I gonna get lucky on this one? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Like this?

Thats just boggles my mind. Unless he asked for larger scans how can you pull the trigger on that book at that price with that crappy scan, I copied and pasted it into Adobe and it was so blurry at 200% and even then there is no way you can assess condition from that scan. Unless it actually is a 9.4 or a 9.6 that would be a flamed.gif

Like this?

I forgot his name but I remember Nick Katradis mentioning it when we were both making mad dashes for $100 bins on Nick's books foreheadslap.gif

Like this?

I forgot his name but I remember Nick Katradis mentioning it when we were both making mad dashes for $100 bins on books foreheadslap.gif

Joseph Rogers? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Like this?

I forgot his name but I remember Nick Katradis mentioning it when we were both making mad dashes for $100 bins on books foreheadslap.gif

Joseph Rogers? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not when I got a scan of a HOS 81 some months back!!!

How bad was it? I have always had good dealings with this seller in the past, was I just lucky? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hi, let me start by saying that I have been looking at alot of the posts on these message boards for quite awhile now, but have not posted until now. I am glad that everyone thinks that the price I paid for the Witching Hour #3 from strongside on ebay was insane. Last time I checked it was none of your business. I have been collecting for the better part of 30 years and have been building a high grade collection for some time now, and this book is one I have wanted. As you can check, the census shows that there are only 5 9.4's and 3 9.6's. I have dealt with Marty for quite awhile now and I will say that some of his books are some of the nicest in my collection. I asked for supersize scans on all the books I bought from him, and communicated for the entire week about the books. We have spoken on the phone before about certain books. I have no doubt that the book will grade at the least a 9.4 and possibly a 9.6. I realize that the price I paid was high, but when it grades, and it will, it will not look that bad. I have compared some of the books I have bought from Marty with graded books from Jason Ewert's auctions on ebay, and I'm sorry, but my copies are nicer. I have no hesitation in stating that the House of Secrets 106, Phantom Stranger 19, House of Secrets 94, Witching Hour 18 and 19 that I have bought from Marty are 9.6's. The day I choose to have them graded, which might be never, you will see them on the census. Before anyone says to show us the books, let me say that I no longer own a scanner. My other one went on the blink, and have not seen about replacing it. I am not some yahoo, but sometimes you pay more for something of quality. The nm and nm/m books I bought from Marty yesterday were just that, quality.

Hi, let me start by saying that I have been looking at alot of the posts on these message boards for quite awhile now, but have not posted until now. I am glad that everyone thinks that the price I paid for the Witching Hour #3 from strongside on ebay was insane. Last time I checked it was none of your business. I have been collecting for the better part of 30 years and have been building a high grade collection for some time now, and this book is one I have wanted. As you can check, the census shows that there are only 5 9.4's and 3 9.6's. I have dealt with Marty for quite awhile now and I will say that some of his books are some of the nicest in my collection. I asked for supersize scans on all the books I bought from him, and communicated for the entire week about the books. We have spoken on the phone before about certain books. I have no doubt that the book will grade at the least a 9.4 and possibly a 9.6. I realize that the price I paid was high, but when it grades, and it will, it will not look that bad. I have compared some of the books I have bought from Marty with graded books from Jason Ewert's auctions on ebay, and I'm sorry, but my copies are nicer. I have no hesitation in stating that the House of Secrets 106, Phantom Stranger 19, House of Secrets 94, Witching Hour 18 and 19 that I have bought from Marty are 9.6's. The day I choose to have them graded, which might be never, you will see them on the census. Before anyone says to show us the books, let me say that I no longer own a scanner. My other one went on the blink, and have not seen about replacing it. I am not some yahoo, but sometimes you pay more for something of quality. The nm and nm/m books I bought from Marty yesterday were just that, quality.

Welcome. Can you post your want list with what you are willing to pay? I'm sure there are a lot of people who would love to sell to you. thumbsup2.gif