• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

These were all from the same owner/dealer who never bagged and boarded his stash blush.gif

He finnaly decided to dump them all to my LCS. Granted not all are in HG condition, but the ones I have managed to pull out in the past(mostly Spidey and Thors) all graded out to worst case 9.0 to 9.6.

When I was going through them real quick I tried to pull out the ones that were VF+ or better. Looking at them more closely when I was bagging them I think they will all grade NM- and better.

These were all from the same owner/dealer who never bagged and boarded his stash blush.gif

He finnaly decided to dump them all to my LCS. Granted not all are in HG condition, but the ones I have managed to pull out in the past(mostly Spidey and Thors) all graded out to worst case 9.0 to 9.6.

When I was going through them real quick I tried to pull out the ones that were VF+ or better. Looking at them more closely when I was bagging them I think they will all grade NM- and better.

Hey there,

If you have VF+ or better copies of Weird War Tales #10, #19 and #93, please let me be the last guy you contact before selling them. Those three upgrades are all I need to complete my set. Contact me with a PM.

Shep

This one has been my grail piece since the mid-eighties. Of course, back then I couldn't believe that a 70's book was going for so much when there were so many pre-code horror books I could purchase. In hindsight, I probably should have bought it back then. Oh well, I'll take this one to the grave with me. Thanks Roy!

HOS92.jpg

cloud9.gif

Is there a reason why 1 sun is red and the other orange?

war31.jpg

war31a.jpg

It is a printing thing. Not just the sun. Compare the "Still Only 20 Cents" slug in the top right and the red text in the DC logo you will see the colors match their respective suns. The orange one had less magenta ink. Not sure if they just corrected it in printing or a new magenta plate was burned.

I haven't noticed it as much with Marvels, but there is great variability in the cover color quality/depth on 20/25-cent DC's and DC 100 pagers. Batman 251 is a prime example - many copies have a nice, deep blue color whereas others have a rather pale blue cover. I figured the deeply colored copies were printed early in the run, or perhaps after the inkwell was replenished. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif