• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Bored and up late, so a couple more from that batch I just got back...

Ghosts #20 (2nd Highest Graded):

962175-ghosts20.jpg

And Weird Mystery Tales #8.

962176-wmt8.jpg

Wish I had the top census for this one (2nd highest again like the Ghosts 20). One of, if not, my favorite Luis Dominguez covers. I am very happy (and grateful) to have the original art for this one hanging in my home office. cloud9.gif

sold that WMT in 9.4 several years ago and I've regretted it---I certified a raw copy at last year that came back 9.0 foreheadslap.gif

Hopefully my Ghosts #20 will come back in 9.4 or better. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Nice books!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

It is a toughie, I was surpsied to see so many 9.6s (3) in the census. I don't think I have ever seen any of them for sale. That copy was an upgrade from Sulipa. I like getting nice slabbed copies to go with any original art I have.

Good luck with the #20. I think I might throw the 9.2 up on ebay and see if there is any interest for sub 9.4s. We'll see...

I would add that these Don Rosas are really nice books for the grade based on what I've seen (gloss, color, etc). People have figured it out and are bidding accordingly. I'm willing to bet another 9.0 wouldn't do that well, but then again, there seem to be a lot more people collecting bronze horror lately.

Joe

Geez, I'd better get my raw Don Rosa books listed on Ebay then. Quite a few nice ones at that. Not your 9.4s, but some very nice 7.5 - 9.0s.

960053-DM.jpg

Try them here first. My bet is you'll have a lot of luck here and no eBay fees.

Joe

I did just that, thanks. Marketplace listing now up.

Pittsburgh Unprepared For Full-Scale Zombie Attack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Study-Reveals-C.frontpage_thumbnail.jpg

Study Reveals Pittsburgh Unprepared For Full-Scale Zombie Attack

PITTSBURGH—A zombie-preparedness study, commissioned by Pittsburgh Mayor Tom Murphy and released Monday, indicates that the city could easily succumb to a devastating zombie attack. Insufficient emergency-management-personnel training and poorly conceived undead-defense measures have left the city at great risk for all-out destruction at the hands of the living dead, according to the Zombie Preparedness Institute.

"When it comes to defending ourselves against an army of reanimated human corpses, the officials in charge have fallen asleep at the wheel," Murphy said. "Who's in charge of sweep-and-burn missions to clear out infected areas? Who's going to guard the cemeteries at night? If zombies were to arrive in the city tomorrow, we'd all be roaming the earth in search of human brains by Friday."

Government-conducted zombie-attack scenarios described on the State Department's website indicate that a successful, citywide zombie takeover would take 10 days, but according to ZPI statistician Dr. Milton Cornelius, the government's models fail to incorporate such factors as the zombies' rudimentary reasoning skills and basic tool use.

MORE @ www.theonion.com/content/index