• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,924 posts in this topic

That's interesting, because I like the ones that don't feature the "kids in trouble" theme. I am not even sure why they are on the covers, it must have been DC policy for awhile. I would say my two favorites are 195 (my vote for one of the top 3 best bronze horror covers) and 189. Both feature simple, clean images that are drawn very well with an interesting perspective. I am also partial to 176 and 193.

]http://boards.collectors-society.com/attachments/970347-HOM185.gif[/img]

HoM # 191

Sorry, even though this is a murder scene, that puppet guy is just silly! foreheadslap.gif

970347-HOM191.gif

I want to know what that other puppet is doing to the dead guys crotch. 893whatthe.gif Better yet, I don't want to know. foreheadslap.gif

Edited by Buck Biggins

180-That monster is too darn big for the house. How would anybody not know they had a monster living in their house that was that big. Plus you don't really see what the monster looks like.

But it's GREGORY! gossip.gif

180-That monster is too darn big for the house. How would anybody not know they had a monster living in their house that was that big. Plus you don't really see what the monster looks like.

acclaim.gif

acclaim.gif

Wait...I meant the gargoyle, not the graemlin! 893naughty-thumb.gif

acclaim.gif

frown.gif

acclaim.gif

frown.gif

acclaim.gif

acclaim.gif

frown.gif

acclaim.gif

970373-HOM189.jpgcloud9.gif

970373-HOM189.jpg.d5376ce679ca6d0ab243e305e1c885d6.jpg

Edited by greggy

I'd probably have to go with 189 & 193 - I guess the color scheme on each adds to the image. But I guess I'm in the minority for favoring 191 - that's just some weird shizzle. 177, 184, and 195 (maybe the most striking image in the run) are up there too.

House of Secrets 103 CGC 9.6

I need some opinions--I'm looking across the right side of this book, and unless my eyes deceive me--I see several SCS type dings. (Seller can't take "Better" pic and says they aren't there). What say you?

And on the best and worst--sorry guys--can't participate--I love em all!

Just won this nice little lot for $5. I have always liked Kaluta's cover to 268, just haven't picked one up until now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6566275108

This lot turned out to have some really nice books in it for $2 each. cloud9.gif If anyone wants the 269, they can have it for shipping costs (it's an 8.5-9.0).

hom253.jpg

hom254.jpg

hom268.jpg

hom269.jpg

Wow! Sweet books! What brought the 174 down to a 9.0? It looks really nice...

Just some small stuff:

Slightly soft corners on the spine edge, but not much. URC is 9.4-sharp. LRC has just a hint of a color-fleck, but still very sharp.

TIny stress mark on the back cover, URC. Small, but noticable.

Very small (maybe 1/16") tick near the top prong of the top staple.

All of these defects are so tiny, but do add up. On a 'good day,' I think the book grades a 9.2. On a 'bad day' - it gets the 9.0.

confused-smiley-013.gif Whatta ya gonna do!? insane.gif

Sweet books! I have to say 175 is my fav out of those covers, the deep rich greens and that purple sky look so great in hand!

Not to mention Cain and Gregory first appear!

Just curious, did the slabbed # 174 come with the Don Rosa certificate?

Sweet books! I have to say 175 is my fav out of those covers, the deep rich greens and that purple sky look so great in hand!

Not to mention Cain and Gregory first appear!

Just curious, did the slabbed # 174 come with the Don Rosa certificate?

Jay,

No certificate. I don't know if the slabbed copies have them. Anyone know?

I love the cover to 175, too! I definitely find the cover to 178 creepy.