• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Let's try another one, raw copy this time.

Sorry for extending the window guys...i'm trying to get this right so please bear with me....this is all new to me.

Scott

I actually like this size! thumbsup2.gif I have a big monitor at work...

I know this series is borderline copper age, but I have a quick question: Is the cover for #2 (which features a great Wrightson cover) qualitatively different from the other issues? I ask because someone told me that there were considerable more defects on #2 because of the quality of the stock-and I am trying to get the entire 10 issue series in 9.8.

I am in the process of getting raw copies for reading, just wondering if anyone has a copy or two to compare.

Happy New Year!

1048756-twistedtales_01_cgc_9_8_white_013476020_a.jpg

1048756-twistedtales_01_cgc_9_8_white_013476020_a.jpg.a54bbd8461dda182a2f125d09846e887.jpg

I know this series is borderline copper age, but I have a quick question: Is the cover for #2 (which features a great Wrightson cover) qualitatively different from the other issues? I ask because someone told me that there were considerable more defects on #2 because of the quality of the stock-and I am trying to get the entire 10 issue series in 9.8.

I recall them all being on the same stock until the book switched over to Eclipse with issue 8 or 9. Awesome series, by the way!

This series flew under my radar until it was mentioned on another thread. It has a ton of my favorite artists from the DC series, and I look forward to reading my copies and provide some information/reviews shortly. thumbsup2.gif

BTW, I plan on getting most of my issues from RJ, but he does not have 9, 10 and a decent #2. crazy.gif

Some information I got from RJ is that #2 suffered from "black ink syndrome", which introduces a defect because of the quality of the stock- hence my request. If anyone gets a CGC graded 9.8 copy of #2, #9, or #10, please PM me for purchasing info.

re: #2, it's possible. My copy isn't accessible right now, so I can't check. I'd also HIGHLY recommend checking out the entire Pacific Comics horror and sci-fi line of anthology books, as they are all of equally high quality. Off the top of my head:

Alien Worlds

Twisted Tales of Bruce Jones

Berni Wrightson, Master of the Macabre

House of Usher 1-shot

then from when Eclipse picked up the rights, Tales of Terror and Elien Encounters- though those are a bit hit and miss. Also Time Warp from DC is an awesome 5-book giant size anthology from early 80s.

awesome collection you have there, by the way. Do you keep unslabbed reading copies as well?

Thanks for the info thumbsup2.gif

Do you keep unslabbed reading copies as well?

Well, kinda--in a past tense sort of way. Sadly, I've sold thousands of lower grade books in an effort to save precious space (and fuel high grade purchases). My goal this year is to attain VG copies for both reading, scanning and reviewing stories, art and content for the boards and more importantly, my enjoyment. It will be a cost effective alternative to my high grade binge purchasing recently.

horse-cart.jpg

This series flew under my radar until it was mentioned on another thread. It has a ton of my favorite artists from the DC series, and I look forward to reading my copies and provide some information/reviews shortly. thumbsup2.gif

Hey Sterling, I think the series has been talked about over in the Copper Horror Thread.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Great title, one of my sentimental faves. You should have no problem putting together a high grade run, pretty plentiful. hi.gif

Title Issue Issue Date Publisher Country Variant Pedigree Category Grade Page Quality Grade Text Art Comments Key Comments
Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion  11-12/72  D.C. Comics        Universal  9.6  WHITE    Jack Oleck and Gerry Conway stories

M.W. Kaluta Ernie Chua & Alex Nino art

Michael Wm.Kaluta cover  

Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion  1-2/73  D.C. Comics        Universal  9.6  WHITE    Jack Oleck and John Albano stories

Ernesto Patricio and Jess Ramos art

Neal Adams cover  

Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion  10  3-4/73  Marvel Comics        Universal  9.6  WHITE    Jack Oleck story Nick Cardy cover

Alfredo Alcala and Bill Payne art  

Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion  15  2-3/74  Marvel Comics        Universal  9.8  WHITE    Boudreau Fleisher and Carley stories

Howard Chaykin Dan Green

Alex Nino and Gerry Talaoc art  

Nick Cardy cover.

Bondage cover.  

House of Secrets  112  10/73  D.C. Comics        Universal  9.6  WHITE    Michael Fleisher & Gerry Conway stories

Rudy Nebres & Luis Domingez art

Luis Domingez cover  

Skull cover.  

House of Secrets  114  12/73  D.C. Comics        Universal  9.6  WHITE    Michael Fleisher story

Frank Bolle and Gerry Talaoc art

Nick Cardy cover  

House of Secrets  124  10/74  D.C. Comics        Universal  9.4  WHITE    Jack Oleck and George Kashdan stories

Albister Chan and Yandoc art

Luis Dominguez cover  

Weird War Tales  13  4/73  D.C. Comics        Universal  9.6  WHITE    Drake Oleck and Pellowski stories

Kashdan Redondo and Nino art

Luis Dominguez cover  

Nazi cover.  

Ghosts  11  1/73  D.C. Comics        Universal  9.4  OFF-WHITE TO WHITE    Nick Cardy cover

Ernie Chan Bob Brown E. R. Cruz

and Jerry Grandenetti art  

Ghosts  20  11/73  D.C. Comics        Universal  9.6  OFF-WHITE TO WHITE    Sam Glanzman Ken Barr

Frank Redondo and John Calnan art

Nick Cardy cover  

Ghosts  27  6/74  D.C. Comics        Universal  9.4  WHITE    Leo Dorfman story Nick Cardy cover

Gerry Talaoc Bob Brown Ernie Chan

John Calnan and Frank McLaughlin art  

Witching Hour  44  7/74  D.C. Comics        Universal  9.6  WHITE    Mike Fleisher story

Ernie Cruz and Don Perlin art  

House of Mystery  223  3/74  D.C. Comics        Universal  9.8  WHITE    Len Wein and Jack Oleck stories

Ralph Reese and Ramona Fradon art

Luis Dominguez cover