• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm becoming like Shiverbones recently, just barely making an appearance from time to time. I just wanted to "check in" and say " hi.gif" and " headbang.gif" to the boyz. I feel as if I've been neglecting my "comic side" recently for my other collecting interest, bass guitars. The comic fever has left me temporarily, but it'll be back soon enough and I'll be joining you guys again at that time. In the meantime, keep up all the posting as I am often still reading along shy.gif. I also hope that some of you will be in San Diego coming up in July as I'll certainly be there. Andy, hook up with your cousin and make the trip, it's well worth it. wink.gif

He is visiting with his wife this coming Wednesday, so I will talk about it with him.

Hope all is well with you, Sid. thumbsup2.gif

Hey, I'm becoming like Shiverbones recently, just barely making an appearance from time to time. I just wanted to "check in" and say " hi.gif" and " headbang.gif" to the boyz. I feel as if I've been neglecting my "comic side" recently for my other collecting interest, bass guitars. The comic fever has left me temporarily, but it'll be back soon enough and I'll be joining you guys again at that time. In the meantime, keep up all the posting as I am often still reading along shy.gif. I also hope that some of you will be in San Diego coming up in July as I'll certainly be there. Andy, hook up with your cousin and make the trip, it's well worth it. wink.gif

Didn't even notice you were AWOL. J/K. devil.gif

I thought DC Special # 4 was the first appearance of Able, is that label correct?

DC Special 4 is the true first appearance of Abel, but it is referred to as a "cameo", much like a Hulk 180 would refer to Wolverine's first appearance. The 81 is Abel's first full appearance. I have a 9.4 copy of the DC Special and will check the CGC label when I get home and let you know what it says. For the life of me I can't remember if it mentions the cameo or not.

Scott

I thought DC Special # 4 was the first appearance of Able, is that label correct?

DC Special 4 is the true first appearance of Abel, but it is referred to as a "cameo", much like a Hulk 180 would refer to Wolverine's first appearance. The 81 is Abel's first full appearance. I have a 9.4 copy of the DC Special and will check the CGC label when I get home and let you know what it says. For the life of me I can't remember if it mentions the cameo or not.

Interesting as I thought a cameo was a one panel shot in a book. confused-smiley-013.gif

Abel is introduced in DCS # 4, pictured in a couple of frames and gets to tell a story iirc.

636780-DCSpecial%234Panel.jpg

Interesting as I thought a cameo was a one panel shot in a book. confused-smiley-013.gif

Abel is introduced in DCS # 4, pictured in a couple of frames and gets to tell a story iirc.

636780-DCSpecial%234Panel.jpg

That is what I think of when I see an appearance mentioned as a cameo. I have never cracked the book to read it hence my ignorance on how many times you actually see Abel in the book. Guess i should have bought an old beater to read too huh?

Scott

Yeah, sometimes the stories are the best part of the comic book! wink.gif

Now that I look again at donger's slab it says "First appearence Able" not intro, so who knows? confused-smiley-013.gif