• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Nice collection of MONSTERS ON THE PROWL... my favorite Bronze Marvel monster title. I love to compare Gil Kane's "updated" covers to the originals. Kane did a fantastic job of reporducing these covers for the swinging 70s.

Ya gotta love SSERPO. MOTP #27 was one of the first comics I ever got. I remember thinking that this monster was the Thing, mutated and gigantified (is that a word?) by some vile super-villian. And speaking of SSERPO, if you read the story, you will see many similarities in the plot of this comic to that of the 1998 American Tri-Star GODZILLA film.

As John Lennon used to say... "Merry Kringle"!

Hey Sterling,

What percentage of all Bronze Marvel horror do you have so far??

Ignoring my raw collection, and looking at posted CGC books in my registry set, 132 / 824 or roughly 16% are Marvel BA horror....which is represenative of the mix during that time (Marvels had many reprint titles that went for around 15 issues on average...DC's title was significantly larger). I probably have somewhere around 900 CGC books...an even smaller minority are superhero (I recently picked up some World's Finest and Adams Superman covers).

As they say in the south, I am in the "short rows" for the Marvel titles...

I need only 3 books to complete my Dead of Night set.

I need only 1 book to complete my Chamber of Darkness set.

I need only 3 books to complete my Chamber of Chills set.

etc.

You guys knock me into a cocked hat!! Fair play to you. I am in awe of some of the collections out there, truly amazing.

Slabbed books aren't my thing, I prefer the book to be unfettered, but I can see some of the attraction. I don't feel I will ever be swayed by it, but love to see the ones on here.

It makes my raw books feel a little..... underdressed! But I still love them and will continue to throw some on here to show off with!

As for the BA horror..... I love them and am collecting myself. I have NO Monsters on the prowl, so that will doubtless be high on my list for 2007!

Lastly I would like to wish everyone on here a very happy and stress free Christmas from the UK and thanks for making me welcome in the short time I have been posting.

I raise my glass to you all!

Well, as Old Saint Nick prepares his sleigh, I wanted to take a moment to thank the many friends here on the boards. You see, today is my third year anniversary here on the boards today. In some ways, it seems like yesterday...in other ways, it seems like it's been forever.

When I started here my grading was very crude, and I was unaware of the ways that collectors are scammed out of their hard earned dollars. In fact, two major events led me here: dam60's outbid on a Ghosts #2 CGC 9.4 (which I just acquired last month--that's how long of a wait it has been), and comic-keys. It's been a very enriching, exciting, and yes even dangerous road to date.

I've met lots of fellow collectors who have helped me with my BA horror goal, as well as just good friends that I can chat to. This board has been vital to my collecting efforts and knowledge, but that all pales to the networking contacts I've made in this industry. It is these friendships that will take me forward long after my interest in comic collecting subsides...which I hope it never does.

In short, thank you all and hope you all have a great upcoming 2007.