• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

Love both books, Sterling... have always liked the blue& red on the cover of WH 4.

Agreed! Just realized that's the cover used for the DC Showcase Presents that reprints the first 19 issues of WH. The reprint does not do justice to the original.

Reprints are just cheap ways to read the stories...and I agree that in some cases the b&w hacks the original intent. Depending on the artist, however, I've seen an enhancement of the content.

Been meaning to get some of the Showcase Presents lately...they make nice Christmas presents!

I'm not sure why, either! This should be considered a "mini key" if nothing else...I personally liked the I, Vampire series...it had better depth and sophistication than the Peril (which really came to us courtesy of Silver Age) and Mister E imho.

Granted shows like "Dark Shadows" heavily influenced the tone and direction but I hope the series gets its due one day.

Amazing that Kubert's style allowed him to draw this (and kick arse) and then go do another awesome Sgt. Rock and GIC cover that's just as riveting.

Don't forget that there's a Batman cover swipe of this as well!

Last summer I was fortunate to get the original cover art to my all time favorite horror comic. (Weird War Tales 24). Today I just received the cover art to my second favorite horror comic. (Greggy told me it's not as cool as the published comic because it looses the colors). Now I just need to get a Wrightson pen and ink cover or painting and my horror collection will be complete... although I may be out priced on Wrightson.

Kaluta-DM-7-C-900.jpg

Looks like my provider changed links on me...grrr...

That wouldn't be Photobucket would it? I've been having problems lately even getting the drop down menu slider buttons to appear in Photobucket. It's not allowing me to upload pictures either. :(

And yes, I have a paid membership with extra storage space so I know that's not the problem.

Looks like my provider changed links on me...grrr...

That wouldn't be Photobucket would it? I've been having problems lately even getting the drop down menu slider buttons to appear in Photobucket. It's not allowing me to upload pictures either. :(

And yes, I have a paid membership with extra storage space so I know that's not the problem.

No Datazap.net---$4 a month...been great. They goofed with their site but I think they got it all resolved.