• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,946 posts in this topic

Face it tiger, you hit the Jackpot! :P

Did you get the Beware CGC issue and DON #1 from Blazing Bob? He had a Beware 9.6 and 9.4 issue (the 9.6 sold quickly).

Yes the DON #1 and the Beware #2 were from blazing Bob. The Beware #2 is supposed to be tied for highest census grade. Does a 9.6 exist?

Did you get the Beware CGC issue and DON #1 from Blazing Bob? He had a Beware 9.6 and 9.4 issue (the 9.6 sold quickly).

Yes the DON #1 and the Beware #2 were from blazing Bob. The Beware #2 is supposed to be tied for highest census grade. Does a 9.6 exist?

Blazing Bob had two copies of #2...a 9.4 and a 9.6...in fact the 9.6 was posted here by the buyer. Beware #2 Census

In fact, three copies exist. I think at least one or two of the 9.6 has a HORRENDUS cut that would make one throw up...yours is perfecto...nothing to sneeze at. :thumbsup:

The DON #1 was a great price, and looking at the scan...it looks like it might garner a 9.4 if certified.

Blazing Bob had two copies of #2...a 9.4 and a 9.6...in fact the 9.6 was posted here by the buyer. Beware #2 Census

In fact, three copies exist. I think at least one or two of the 9.6 has a HORRENDUS cut that would make one throw up...yours is perfecto...nothing to sneeze at. :thumbsup:

The DON #1 was a great price, and looking at the scan...it looks like it might garner a 9.4 if certified.

And to think I thought I had the best. Should have known better.

And to think I thought I had the best. Should have known better.

Actually, given the QP...I think you do. I'd take a 9.4 with good QP than a 9.6 with bad QP any day.

Take for example my DON #2 9.4 and 9.6 copies. I feel compelled to keep my 9.4 copy because the QP of the 9.6 copy is so bad. To be honest, if I could do it over again I would not have bought it. I still think the 9.4 copy looks better (not just QP but also grade). I will either skip an issue that comes to market that has bad QP, or, if I REALLY want that issue, I will discount the QP as a defect (although CGC doesn't, I will).

(#2 is hands down the most available issue it seems...it's only an eleven issue series and there are still several I have YET to see in HG).

A Beware #2 in 9.6 that I saw not only have bad QP, but it was also at an angle. A sore for the eyes...Blazing Bob's other 9.6 copy was just as sharp as yours though.

So, moral here is: The higher grade issue doesn't necessarily make it the better book.

44227-deadofnight_02_cgc_9_4_white_0121782004_a.jpg.9b57fb62c2a33ea14f44039ff851ac02.jpg

44228-deadofnight_02_cgc_9_6_white_0717217020_a.jpg.caa152eb71f481676be780cb7cf3a97c.jpg

Ouch, that is one ugly mis-wrap, and I agree I most likely would never buy a book with a wrap like that.
No, I was trying to make you feel better that the 9.4 is still sweet...but if killing me about my fugly books makes you feel better, then by all means... :eek:

Ouch, that is one ugly mis-wrap, and I agree I most likely would never buy a book with a wrap like that.
No, I was trying to make you feel better that the 9.4 is still sweet...but if killing me about my fugly books makes you feel better, then by all means... :eek:

No malice intended.

No malice intended.

:jokealert: