• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,928 posts in this topic

That's what I mean. Seems like there are a handful of guys propping up the high grade values and that's about it. Maybe I am wrong, but anything not NM or better seems to sell slowly, if it sells at all. That wasn't true a year ago.

Well, I think the supply of 9.0-9.2 copies has caught up to demand, and as Sterling notes, books lower than 9.0 have always been cheap. High grade copies still sell for a bunch, and it only takes 3-4 interested bidders to keep prices up (goes for any genre). Many of these books are just so tough that there only a handful of high grade copies graded, and those are quickly gobbled up. frustrated.gif

Tell me about it. There was a Tower of Shadows #2 CGC 9.6 (1 of 1 highest grade) that lasted every bit of 15 minutes before it was snatched. Notice that the other issues that are plentiful do sit around on shelves--b/c supply has met demand. As the census starts to fill though, prices do come down. Of course, the book appearance (QP,PQ, etc) has everything to do with price.

Hopefully, some of these slimmer book issues will fill up in the census so I can complete these things. It's definitely tougher than it seems...and I would go nuts if I had to do this with a silver or golden age title. (some say I already have tongue.gif )

Well they're slowly starting to show up, but a quick look at Valiantman's website shows that of the run of HoM 174-193, there are 4 issues topping out at 9.4, and only one issue with more than 10 high grade copies (9.4 or better). If that population doesn't fill out, I'll never be able to afford 9.4's!! frustrated.gif

I will have to stick with 9.0/9.2's for now, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. cloud9.gif

hom179.jpg

I will have to stick with 9.0/9.2's for now, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. cloud9.gif

Nothing wrong with that. To each their own. Now that I've sold some of my early HOM issues that were "only" 9.0/9.2...I'm starting to regret it.

very nice! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks Sterling!

I could post these books all day long but as they say, "It's already been done!"

This is still one of my favorite threads. cloud9.gif

DC horror has just cooled off for me as I only need a handful of upgrades to complete some runs.

Lately I've been lured by the siren call of the Pre-Code horror books! headbang.gif

I agree...I'm trying to post books that haven't been here before like the Charltons and such...but I'm wondering how else we can keep this thread going since we've basically exhausted the covers for the most part. Stories, artists, and trends at the time are ideas I have.

I have no qualms if someone is proud of their new horror acquisition by posting it here...1 time or 1,000 times...part of this is just sharing the excitement of my favorite genre. Hence the word "Infinite".

There are several pre-codes that I must have at some point...I just need to get over my high grade kick first though. frown.gif

I like seeing the books that show up here that are typically Non-horror and have a horror element to them ie. Bats, Superman.

A while back I would have said Gold Key/Whitman but it seems you posted most of them recently. There are still some Charlton horror books that haven't been posted but they include so many reprinted/reworked covers, and to be honest, not very good ones. The Charltons that are my favorites from childhood are Scary Tales & Monster Hunters although I collected others.

RE: Pre-Code Horror. Most often HG is not even an option with 8.0 being the BA equivalent to 9.4 for me!

Nice pages! thumbsup2.gif I couldn't pass this page up that has roughly 27+ werewolves on it! It's an Unexpected page

by Jess Jodloman from a story entitled "Moonlight and Laughter". As a bonus it includes Madame Xanadu in two panels!

1069642-Unexpected%23194Page21.jpg

I might as well post this again...it's a great full page Dracula by one of my favorite artists Pablo Marcos and I simply love it! cloud9.gif I always liked his horror work and the details in this piece are wonderful, right down to the use of his own fingerprints used to create gradients in the ink. This originally was a back cover inhouse ad on the back of Dracula Lives! mag. It also appears later on in the run on the inside pages. Type was set/printed in the black cape area!

950331-PabloDrac.jpg

I like seeing the books that show up here that are typically Non-horror and have a horror element to them ie. Bats, Superman.

Yeah...I love the Adams Superman #236 cover at the gates of hell. Missed out on a 9.6 recently.

A while back I would have said Gold Key/Whitman but it seems you posted most of them recently.

Only the Ripleys...only scratched the surface there I think.

There are still some Charlton horror books that haven't been posted but they include so many reprinted/reworked covers, and to be honest, not very good ones.
I agree...which is why I'm targeting the late silver/early bronze, where I think the quality was a bit better. The cover/story reprints later on gets a big mad.gif from me.

RE: Pre-Code Horror. Most often HG is not even an option with 8.0 being the BA equivalent to 9.4 for me!

frown.gif

I know...I know.