• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,909 posts in this topic

Very cool!

Thanks for posting! :applause:

no problem I am trying to get HOS88 from every country it is proving a little difficult but in time it will become a nice international horror set

I'm genuinely interested in how one goes about buying all these international versions of a comic. How do you do it? Obviously not E-Bay alone, correct? I have a couple of comics I would like to track down international copies of, but outside of E-Bay, I have no clue how to find sellers who might have these comics.

Very cool!

no problem I am trying to get HOS88 from every country it is proving a little difficult but in time it will become a nice international horror set

I'm genuinely interested in how one goes about buying all these international versions of a comic. How do you do it? Obviously not E-Bay alone, correct? I have a couple of comics I would like to track down international copies of, but outside of E-Bay, I have no clue how to find sellers who might have these comics.

i began summer 2012 by finding foreign ebay type sites. like other rare domestic books, they were not all listed so i started emailing people on those sites and luckily meeting very helpful and informative sellers that would help me. There are still many foreign keys like a Norwegian Superman #199 that I want but it is just so rare that it just doesnt come up for sale.

Then I started joining foreign boards just like this and meting people that also would source so I would post gallery pics of what i was seeking and slowly but surely i started getting emails and invoices for all my little treasures.

show me pics of what you are seeking if it exists then i can tell you the difficulty of finding it :)

Very cool!

i began summer 2012 by finding foreign ebay type sites. like other rare domestic books, they were not all listed so i started emailing people on those sites and luckily meeting very helpful and informative sellers that would help me. There are still many foreign keys like a Norwegian Superman #199 that I want but it is just so rare that it just doesnt come up for sale.

Then I started joining foreign boards just like this and meting people that also would source so I would post gallery pics of what i was seeking and slowly but surely i started getting emails and invoices for all my little treasures.

show me pics of what you are seeking if it exists then i can tell you the difficulty of finding it :)

How do you even know what foreign copies exist? Do you just assume that every comic printed in the USA was eventually printed in some other country/countries or is there something similar to Overstreet that lists all of the foreign comics?

Very cool!

How do you even know what foreign copies exist? Do you just assume that every comic printed in the USA was eventually printed in some other country/countries or is there something similar to Overstreet that lists all of the foreign comics?

Great Question! a very simple answer :)

years of research, conversing with comic collectors in other countries. Literally just yesterday I just discovered a rare Brazilian Jimmy Olsen #134 first Darkseid.

for me the hunt is the fun of chasing these little gems. There is no "Overstreet" type of guide but just recetently DEFINE999 created the FCC (Foreign Comic Collector)

http://foreigncomiccollector.webs.com/

check the link and you will pics of Mike Mignola signing my Batman 426 set

Ahhhh, thanks for spreading awareness Tony! :headbang:

The niche of foreigns is very different in that basically in order to acquire books one must "hunt" outside of the traditional channels we as Americans are used to. Many many dealers do not have foreign stock much less even know how to acquire it.... you must build contacts, join foreign collecting forums, and figure out ways to source books on foreign auction sites. All of us foreign hunters have groupings of contacts that we share and help each other because we are a small bunch of collectors. :insane:

Issue 2 of FCC is dropping in a couple days and in issue 2 is a section I call "Sourcers Corner" where I write about some good foreign EBay advice and hints that I have learned over time. Sourcing foreigns is all about persistence, patience, social skills, and a good heaping of luck! And you can also use a little help from your friends.....

We actually have a couple of group PM threads here with some of the most hard core guys that combined has hit somewhere north of 5 thousand replies and up..... a kinda private foreign thread/forum. :gossip:

If you are looking for somthing in particular you can always hit me up or mostly any of the guys that post regualry in the foreign thread in general. PM me or solarcadet for help no problem sir! (thumbs u

Edited by Define999

Very cool!

That is the other rub.... no comprehensive database exists for just foreign versions of American books. Grand Comics Data base is probably the largest english source you can use to hunt for foreign versions of specific books. But, the books are not cross-refrenced for the most part, and its full of holes. (shrug) For many countries books you must find the associated database for that countries comic output. If it exists hopefully.... :wishluck:

And if it does exist at least you know what you are lookign for..... hm Remember in order to search for a specific foreign book you have to know what language that books title is in and what numbering. So without knowing what the darn thing is named you cannot even do a google search. Generic searches like "German spiderman" will only get you so far..... you have to know the name... and that specific titles foreign numbering...... German spidey is "Die Spinne" so lets say your looking for Spiderman #1 German foreign?

That would be Die Spinne #3....

http://www.ebay.de/itm/DIE-SPINNE-3-Williams-Verlag-1974-1979-Zustand-2-2-3-very-good-/200989304588?pt=Comics&hash=item2ecbe5670c

In foreign "hunting" knowing really is half the battle like Joe said......

One of the features we are looking into is creating a database where we cross reference all major American books with their foreign variants/reprints etc. Access to this data will come with signing up to FCC magazine. We are hoping to add more features to membership as we have time. Lots of exciting stuff happening if your into foreign books. :gossip:

Edited by Define999

Very cool!

If it's any help in finding out if what you're looking for exists you can take a look through my Photobucket pics. I've got a little over 900 foreign books in there. (thumbs u

Very cool!

If it's any help in finding out if what you're looking for exists you can take a look through my Photobucket pics. I've got a little over 900 foreign books in there. (thumbs u

Nice! Thanks! (thumbs u

hey Matty!!! ironically enough to catch you in the horror thread....

i found something trying to lock down for you im 50/50 if you have even seen this before... :wishluck:

Its bomb i guarantee it (thumbs u

Most things you find for me are the bomb Tony! Sweeeet.... thanks dude! :cloud9:

The best part of this board is stumbling on things that blow my mind. This thread is one of those things.

If you'll excuse me I have 1200 pages to sift through...

:roflmao:

so what has blown your mind so far? hm

After an initial look at the previous ten pages or so, just seeing all of the high grade horror is enough to make your head spin.

I recently got back into collecting and have really gravitated to bronze horror, it's definitely good to have a focus.

I'm going to have to look more into vault of evil, just incredible seeing such great cover art across so many issues like that.

Beautiful books everyone, very inspiring for a returning collector.