• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,928 posts in this topic

But didn't Infantino as first Art Director and then Executive Editor or Editorial Director or whatever lay out most of the covers first anyway? As speculated above, the kids may have been an editorial dictate in any event... confused-smiley-013.gif

Good points Zonker. I don't think the subject is ready to rest yet. My personal gut feeling is that Infantino must have done the house facade, doorway, & hand stuff, and Adams threw on the kids.

We know Adams did the next issue, 175. The kids are pretty darn close on this to the kids on 174: two boys and a girl in pigtails in each scene. In fact, if we look at Adams' run on the covers up to 192 we see he likes to use the "snoopy kids" theme on pretty much every cover. (I'm missing 3 books, so excuse me for not being 100% positive here).

I don't think the children were editorial "dictate," because if you look at the Wrightson covers immediately following the Adams run, he doesn't use them. Wrightson didn't quite yet have the clout of Adams at this time, so as the "new" guy I don't see him beeing able to not illustrate kids in peril and buck editorial policy if it was policy. I just think Neil really liked to draw kids in trouble during this period, because it worked well for him.

Also, the issues immediately preceding 174 (which Neil didn't work on) didn't use the children theme.

Plus, Adams signed the approval cover, as Mushroom pointed out.

The answer remains to be seen I guess. Yet another "mystery" from the House... devil.gif

Edited by precodekeith

About hom 174...

look closely at the kids, and then every other cover with the kids that Adams did. Ther eis absolutely no similarities between the poses, the clothes, the hands, the anatomy, the shading, they are very different. Its very easy to spot Adams, even under a mismatched inker, like the Adams/Orlando in HOM 178. Also the inking is very Roussos or Meskin, so i am not sure where in there he is unless its idea or coloring.

Nice unexpecteds greggy! SD i assume?

About hom 174...

look closely at the kids, and then every other cover with the kids that Adams did. Ther eis absolutely no similarities between the poses, the clothes, the hands, the anatomy, the shading, they are very different. Its very easy to spot Adams, even under a mismatched inker, like the Adams/Orlando in HOM 178. Also the inking is very Roussos or Meskin, so i am not sure where in there he is unless its idea or coloring.

Absolutely. No way is 174 Adams. I am one of the authorities when it comes to infinite bronze horror. 'Nuff Said. mad.gif

About hom 174...

Yep...bought from A-1 comics. They didn't have enough room for the DC horror so these were on the back table and you had to ask to see them. foreheadslap.gif

About hom 174...

Yep...bought from A-1 comics. They didn't have enough room for the DC horror so these were on the back table and you had to ask to see them. foreheadslap.gif

Not too shabby. Avg grade 8.5 to 9.0 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yep...bought from A-1 comics. They didn't have enough room for the DC horror so these were on the back table and you had to ask to see

them. foreheadslap.gif

I swear...no respect for DC....nice books there...can't wait to hear your take on the SD con...

Unexpected 184 was one of my first Unexpected reads as a kid...I love it when the bald guy get's dissolved by acid in the story!